St. Brigid Weekly Update – Week of April 29, 2019
This week our Co-ed Grade 7 Soccer Team brought home the silver medal in the Tournament of Champions and our Senior Girls Basketball Team finished in first place in the Christ the King Basketball Tournament! Our Senior Boys put up a great fight in the semi-finals. Congratulations to all our athletes! Track & Field begins this week and intramurals are well underway!
Our primary students had a great time participating in a session with Miguel Martinez from MTC Life on Thursday morning! Our grades 4 to 8 students will participate this week! This series is supported by our Parent Reaching Out Grant!
Calling all artists! Students are welcome to create and submit cover designs for our St. Brigid Yearbook. Entries are due May 1, 2019!
The Scholastic Book Fair is now open for purchasing!! Students made wish lists last week! The Book Fair will be open on Thursday, May 2, 2019 during Family Math Night, beginning around 6:45 p.m..
St. Brigid School is hosting Family Math Night on May 2, 2019. This event will take place from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm in the gym, hallways and in a few classrooms throughout the school. The evening will start with a brief presentation in the gym. Parents and students in all grades will then have an opportunity to play some math games and experience math activities. The Book Fair is also open this evening. Looking forward to seeing our families! Please register at: Family Math Night Registration
Upcoming Events & Dates to Note:
Grade 3 EQAO Primary Assessment Dates – May 27, May 28, May 29, May 30
Grade 6 EQAO Junior Assessment Dates – May 21, May 22, May 23, May 24
MTC Life Parent Presentation – May 30, 2019 @ 6:30 pm
Information & Reminders for the upcoming week:
Monday, April 29, 2019
- Student Awards of Excellence at Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary School
- Intramurals – 12:05 pm Grade 3, 12:40 pm Grade 7
- Book Fair
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
- Track & Field: 100 metre run offs/try outs (Weather permitting)
- Intramurals: 12:05 pm Grade 2, 12:40 pm Grade 5 & 6
- Book Fair
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
- Intramurals: 12:05 pm Grade 1, 12:40 pm Grade 8
- Book Fair
Thursday, May 2, 2019
- MTC Life Presentation – 9:15 am – 10:15 am Grades 4 to 8
- St. John Therapy Dogs – Trish & Lacey – 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Intramurals: 12:05 pm Grade 4, 12:40 pm Grade 7
- Family Math & Literacy Night – 6:30 pm
- Book Fair is open in the evening
Friday, May 3, 2019
- Grade 7 Immunization – Hep B & HPV – 9:00 am – 12:00 pm Forum
- Intramurals: 12:05 pm Grade 4, 12:40 pm Grade 8
Enjoy the week!
Mrs. Lanois Mrs. Miller