St. Brigid Weekly Update – Week of March 25, 2019
It has been a busy week!
Congratulations to our Grade 2 students who received the sacrament of First Reconciliation on Saturday.
Our Senior Bears’ Basketball Teams wrapped up their seasons this week in two well-played quarter final games. Congratulations to both teams on their terrific season play! Our Junior and Senior Battle of the Books Teams will compete this week at the Georgetown Branch of the Halton Hills Library. Go BEARS!
On Tuesday night at Holy Cross Church St. Brigid Catholic School Council invites all families to participate in making a Lenten Craft beginning at 6:10 p.m. prior to the Holy Cross Family Lenten Mass at 7:00 p.m. For all the details and registration visit: Lenten Craft Night RSVP
On Wednesday, March 27, 2019 Babarinde Williams is coming to St. Brigid to conduct drumming workshops for our K-2 students in the morning in the gym. In the afternoon, Babarinde will be presenting “UBUNTU” (I AM YOU), a character development assembly presentation for students in grades 3 through grade 8. In tribute to Nelson Mandela, this workshop shares his leadership qualities and principles through anecdotes, stories, quotes and proverbs. It is designed to awaken the senses of our students towards kindness and humanity. This assembly is centered around an ideology called “Ubuntu”. It is a very compelling and riveting ancient African philosophy that deals with the way we relate to one other: “Umuntu Ungumuntu Ngabantu” The Ubuntu assembly combines music, 80 drums and percussion instruments, media, story telling, history, philosophy and anecdotes to teach students on how to build good and virtuous character. We are excited to be welcoming Babarinde to St. Brigid School!
On Thursday, March 28, 2019 the HCDSB French Public Speaking Competition will take place at Our Lady of Fatima School in Milton. Good luck to Matea H. for Junior French Immersion, Makena C. for Intermediate Extended French and Brianne P. for FSL Plus, Francophone.
On Friday, March 29, 2019 we are excited to welcome the Rocks & Rings Program to St. Brigid School. The Egg Farmers Rocks & Rings program presented by Curling Canada will take over the gym and introduce some of our students to curling using unique indoor floor curling equipment.
Our cast and crew for this year’s play, “Annie Jr.” have been working very hard for many weeks! We are excited to announce that there will be two evening performances of “Annie Jr.”, on April 10, 2019 and April 11, 2019. Show time is 6:45 p.m. Tickets are $5.00 and are now on sale on School Cash Online.
Upcoming Events & Dates to Note:
Grade 3 EQAO Primary Assessment Dates – May 27, May 28, May 29, May 30
Grade 6 EQAO Junior Assessment Dates – May 21, May 22, May 23, May 24
MTC Life Parent Presentation – May 30, 2019 @ 6:30 pm
Pizza Make Up Dates for snow days
- Wednesday, February 6, 2019, pizza will be provided on Monday, June 24, 2019
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019, pizza will be provided on Wednesday, June 26, 2019
Information & Reminders for the upcoming week:
Monday, March 25, 2019
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
- Junior Battle of the Books Competition @ Georgetown Branch, Halton Hills Public Library (12:30 – 3:00 pm)
- BRAVO for Grade 6 Classes
- 9:50 – 10:30 am Mr. Lavender’s Class
- 10:30 – 11:10 am Mr. Cerisano’s Class
- 11:25 – 12:05 pm Ms. Annese’s Class
- 1:05 – 1:45 pm Ms. Vella’s Class
- Lenten Craft & Family Mass – March 26th @ 6:10 pm Craft & 7:00 pm Mass at Holy Cross Church
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
- Drumming Workshops & Assembly/Presentation – Babarinde Williams
- Senior Battle of the Books Competition @ Georgetown Branch, Halton Hill Public Library (12:30 – 3:00 pm)
Thursday, March 28, 2019
- French Public Speaking Finals @ Our Lady of Fatima School, Milton
Friday, March 29, 2019
- Rocks & Rings Program visit St. Brigid School
Enjoy the week!
Mrs. Lanois Mrs. Miller