St Brigid Weekly Update – Week of March 18, 2019
We hope that everyone enjoyed the March Break!
A huge THANK YOU to all our parent volunteers who made pancakes for our entire school community on Shrove Tuesday! Special thanks to Father Dave Walter for leading our Ash Wednesday Liturgy. Father reminded us that during Lent we need to remember “JOY” – Jesus, Others and You. To begin their Lenten journey, many of our grade 7 and 8 students participated in the Halton Catholic Children’s Education Foundation (HCCEF) 24 Hour Fast, fasting from all technology and raising funds for HCDSB students and families in need. Thank you to all those families who were able to support our students and make donations to HCCEF! Donations may still be made via School Cash Online.
On March 6th we recognized our finalists in the “See the Problem, Be the Solution” Contest. A poster, created by Isabel H. and a video created by Paulina T., Sara D. and Nikko P. were shared with our school community. The video was entered in the HCDSB Contest. Congratulations to all our participants! You can view the entries on our website at: St. Brigid – See the Problem, Be the Solution
On Thursday, March 21st our Grade 2 students will be participating in First Reconciliation Retreats. On Saturday, March 23, 2019 our Grade 2 students will receive the sacrament of First Reconciliation.
Our Bears Senior Basketball Teams begin their playoffs in this week! Go BEARS! Our Junior and Senior Battle of the Books Teams will have one more week to prepare for their competitions next week! Primary Games Club and our Chess Club continue to run weekly! Students are encouraged to listen to the announcements for days and locations!
Our cast and crew for this year’s play, “Annie Jr.” have been working very hard for many weeks! We are excited to announce that there will be two evening performances of “Annie Jr.”, on April 10, 2019 and April 11, 2019. Show time is 6:45 p.m. Tickets are $5.00 and are now on sale on School Cash Online.
The Halton Catholic District School Board will be holding two upcoming information evenings about Special Education Assistive (SEA) Technology to enhance student learning. These information evenings are open to all parents, students and staff, and to those that currently use or may benefit from using SEA Technology. For details visit: HCDSB SEA
On Thursday, March 21st we will recognize World Down Syndrome Day! On Friday it’s a spirit day, Super Hero’s Day in support of Holy Cross Helps! Students are welcome to come dressed as their favourite Super Hero!
Upcoming Events & Dates to Note:
Lenten Family Mass at Holy Cross Church – March 26th at 7:00 pm
Grade 3 EQAO Primary Assessment Dates – May 27, May 28, May 29, May 30
Grade 6 EQAO Junior Assessment Dates – May 21, May 22, May 23, May 24
MTC Life Parent Presentation – May 30, 2019 @ 6:30 pm
Pizza Make Up Dates for snow days
- Wednesday, February 6, 2019, pizza will be provided on Monday, June 24, 2019
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019, pizza will be provided on Wednesday, June 26, 2019
Information & Reminders for the upcoming week:
Monday, March 18, 2019
- Welcome Back!
Tuesday, March 19, 2019
- Grade 8 Grad Photos
- BRAVO for Grade 6 Classes
- 9:50 – 10:30 am Mr. Lavender’s Class
- 10:30 – 11:10 am Mr. Cerisano’s Class
- 11:25 – 12:05 pm Ms. Annese’s Class
- 1:05 – 1:45 pm Ms. Vella’s Class
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- North Halton Public Speaking Finals @ St. Francis 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 21, 2019
- World Down Syndrome Day
- First Reconciliation Retreats – Ms. Maciel, Mrs. Dysselhof & Mrs. Sequeira’s Classes at 10:00 a.m. & Madame Anthony and Ms. Monteiro’s Classes at 1:15 p.m.
- St. John Therapy Dogs, Trish & Lacey– 10:30 am – 11:30 am Forum
- Author Visit – Eric Walters Visits with Grades 5 & 6 (Afternoon)
Friday, March 22, 2019
- Superhero’s Day in support of Holy Cross Helps
Saturday, March 23, 2019
First Reconciliation at Holy Cross Church
- 10:00 am-Mrs. Sequeira, Ms. Maciel and Mrs. Dysselhof’s classes
- 1:00 pm- Mme. Anthony and Ms. Monteiro’s classes
Enjoy the week!
Mrs. Lanois Mrs. Miller