Hope opens new horizons and enables us to dream of what is not even imaginable.~Pope Francis
Thank you to our Early Childhood Educators for all the wonderful work they do each and every day in support of our Kindergarten students – we are blessed to have Mrs. Lecanda, Mrs. Galvan and Mrs. Landry with us.
Thank you to our bus drivers as we recognize School Bus Safety Week – follow @haltonschoolbus for safety tips!
Thank you to Mrs. Smith our amazing Library Technician for all her work to support student learning!
Thank you to Mr. Daniels, Mrs. Paniak and Mr. Costanzo for all your work keeping our school clean for staff and students!
Thank you to Mrs. Bitondo and Mrs. Boss for all their work with staff to update the Individual Education Plans for our resource caseload. Parents please review the IEP and return the envelope and the IEP waiver form to the Special Education Resource Teachers’ attention.
Welcome to Ms. Welland, our school Child Youth Counsellor. We are thrilled to have you join us this year!
Congratulations to Mrs. Landry on the birth of her baby boy on Thanksgiving Day! Such a wonderful blessing! Please keep Mrs. Landry and baby Jack in your prayers!
St. Matthew Catholic Parish News
Follow St. Matthew Catholic Church on Social Media and keep up to date with all that is happening in our parish! There are four ways to connect to the parish:
- Website – https://www.saintmatthew.ca/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/saintmtoakville
- Twitter – @saintmtoakville
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2Af1hB7O-VS5PB1gYvTJhA
From the Pastor’s Desk…
Welcome Aboard! We’re pleased to welcome Cathie Orlanski to our parish staff as Pastoral Assistant – Coordinator of Sacramental Preparation. You may not know this, but Cathie’s been doing the job for several years (since well before the pandemic) as a volunteer, backing up the Pastoral Team with all the organization, recordkeeping, and documentation that make it possible for us to celebrate First Communion and Confirmation with more than five hundred young people annually. With some administrative duties added to this part-time position, it made sense to hire someone formally, and we were thrilled when Cathie applied. A dedicated and active member of the community, she’s also instrumental in our parish St. Vincent de Paul Society and our programme of volunteer screening. Our only real concern was that another parish might scoop her up before we had room on our team and in our budget!
~ Father Allen Varlaki
Halloween Spirit Day – Friday October 29, 2021
We are looking forward to the Halloween Spirit Day next Friday! Thank you to our staff committee for organizing the music, activities and events! We are looking forward to a fun-filled day!
Uniform Donations Welcome
We are ready to accept gently used uniforms on Tuesday October 26 from 9:30-11:30 am and 1:30-2:30 pm. Please come to door one and buzz for Mrs. Lemon and I to receive the items. We will have an opportunity for parents to view and make selections the week of November 1st once the items have had a quarantine period.
Public Health Update for Schools
- Public Health Update for Schools contain information, updates and resources from Halton Region Public Health on a variety of program areas.
- Previous editions of the Public Health Update for schools are available on the School Years Program webpage.
- Thank you for your continued support and partnership in keeping our community safe and healthy.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com or call 311.
Halton’s COVID-19 School and Child Care Information webpage includes information on:
- frequently asked questions about COVID-19 in schools and childcare;
- educational materials for parents; and
- the Youth COVID-19 Vaccination Program.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 (2019 Novel Coronavirus) webpages.
Donation Campaign 2021-2022
St. Bernadette is truly an amazing place to learn and grow. Teachers, administrators, and support staff work together to ensure the needs of each child are being met, with the goal of preparing students for a lifetime of personal fulfillment and contribution to society. To aid in fulfilling this goal, we rely on our single major fundraiser, where 100% of your donation goes directly to programs and tools for your child. Continuing to make St. Bernadette one of the top elementary schools in the province is a priority for us. Please read the attached letter for more information.
Remembrance Day Liturgy
On Thursday November 11, 2021 we will participate in a virtual Remembrance Day Liturgy beginning at 10:45 am.
Promoting WellBeing – Taking Care of your Mental Health
October 2021 Special Edition Newsletter
- Find someone you trust, such as family, friends, coaches or teachers, and tell them how you feel. It is important to be open about your feelings.
- Make time to take care of yourself, take breaks and do fun and relaxing things. It can be helpful to try to treat yourself the way you would treat a friend. What would you tell or suggest to a friend who was feeling the same way as you?
- If you are having trouble with high levels of stress, worries or sadness, talk to your medical team about helping you find someone who can help. This can be a psychologist, psychiatrist, social worker or another mental health professional. There are people who specialize in helping children and teens living with a chronic condition.
Follow us on Twitter @stbernhcdsb
Wishing you a fantastic weekend – the Staff of St. Bernadette CES