SUBJECT: Advanced Kindergarten Registration ~ January 21 and 22!
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The Halton Catholic District School Board (HCDSB) is excited to announce that Advanced Kindergarten Registration will be taking place on Tuesday, January 21, and Wednesday January 22, 2020 (8:00am – 5:00 pm) to enrol your child in Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year!
Part 1 – Online Registration
- Online registration is available as the first step of the registration process.
- Once signed in, parents will need to fill out an online registration form for their child.
If you have never used the online registration portal:
- Visit: https://olr.hcdsb.org/Fusion/
- Click Sign in on the top right-hand corner
- Click on the green button to Create Your Account
Once you have followed the instructions, you will be able to login with your personal username/email and password.
Part 2 – Complete Registration In-Person
- After filling out the online registration form, parents must then visit their home school to complete part 2 of registration.
- Parents and guardians are encouraged to make an appointment or visit their school on January 21 or 22, 2020 to complete part 2 of the Kindergarten registration process.
Part 2 – What Do I Need To Register My Child?
To complete part 2 of the registration process, parents must bring the following documents to their home school (required documents):
- Birth Certificate (required for Year 1 and Year 2)
- Year 1 children are required to be 4 years of age on or before December 31, 2020.
- Year 2 children (new to the school) are required to be 5 years of age on or before December 31, 2020.
- Roman or Eastern Rite Catholic baptismal certificate. If your child has no Roman/Eastern Rite Catholic baptismal certificate, your child may be admitted if one parent can provide a Roman/Eastern Rite Catholic baptismal certificate. Please refer to the Board’s Operating Policy I-22 for more information.
- Proof of address
Please note: Children currently registered in the Year 1 Kindergarten program are not required to register for the Year 2 program. Placement in the Year 2 program will be processed by the school, unless otherwise stated.
For more information on HCDSB’s Kindergarten program and the advanced registration process, please visit the Board’s website.
Thank you for your time, and we look forward to welcoming your child in the new school year!
Halton Catholic District School Board
802 Drury Lane, Burlington ON L7R 2Y2