Kindergarten is an exciting milestone for your child and for your family! Our school offers a full-day, 2-year Kindergarten program, designed to engage curious early learners through different kinds of play, that help children learn how to reason and problem-solve as they interact with one another.
When Can My Child Begin Kindergarten?
To register your child to begin Junior Kindergarten (Year 1) in September, 2021, your child must be four years old by December 31, 2021. Children enrolled in Senior Kindergarten (Year 2) must be five years old by December 31, 2021.
How Do I Register?
Part 1 – Online Registration
Online registration is available as the first step of the registration process. Once signed in, parents will need to fill out an online registration form for their child.
If you have never used the online registration portal:
- Click on the Online Registration link.
- Hit ‘Sign in‘ on the top right-hand corner.
- Press the green button to ‘Create an account’.
Once you have done this, you will be able to login with your personal username/email and password. Register Online Now!
Part 2 – In-Person Registration
Following the completion of online registration (Part 1), parents will be contacted directly through email.
Due to the extension of the remote learning period, Part 2 of the registration process will be rescheduled after schools reopen for in-person learning.
NOTE: You will be contacted by your home school to complete Part 2 of your child’s Kindergarten registration when schools re-open for in-person learning.
What Will I Need to Register My Child?
To complete part 2 of the registration process, parents must bring the following documents to their home school (required documents):
- Birth Certificate (required for Year 1 and Year 2)
- Proof of age (required for Year 1 and Year 2)
- Year 1 children are required to be 4 years of age on or before December 31, 2021.
- Year 2 children are required to be 5 years of age on or before December 31, 2021.
3. Roman or Eastern Rite Catholic baptismal certificate. If your child has no Roman/Eastern Rite Catholic baptismal certificate, your child may be admitted if one parent can provide a Roman/Eastern Rite Catholic baptismal certificate. Please refer to the Board’s Operating Policy I-22 for more information.
4. Proof of address
Please note: Children currently registered in the Year 1 Kindergarten program are not required to register for the Year 2 program. Placement in the Year 2 program will be processed by the school, unless otherwise stated.
How do I know if this is my home school?
Use the School Finder Tool here to determine your home school.
For more information, please visit the Board’s website: Kindergarten Program.