Thank you to our Grade One staff and students who organized and led our New Years Liturgy. We are so proud of how thoughtfully you led us in prayer. We also want to recognize the talents of our Music Ministry and express our appreciation to our parents and family members who were able to join us for this special celebration.
ONTARIO ENGLISH CATHOLIC TEACHERS ASSOCATION (OECTA) LABOUR NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE
Our school will be CLOSED to students on Tuesday, January 21, 2020 as a result of the recent announcement by OECTA of a province-wide, one-day full withdrawal of services.
Although classes will be cancelled on Tuesday, January 21st, our school office will remain open for Advanced Kindergarten Registration on January 21st.
Please note that there may be picket lines present at our school location, which may impact traffic flow and cause potential minor delays in our school parking lot.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. For more information, please visit the Halton Catholic District School Board’s website: Labour Negotiations Update.
PITA ORDER CHANGE for this week ONLY!
Due to the Strike on Tuesday January 21st, Pita’s will be delivered this Monday, January 20th.
A reminder to our families (and any neighbours, family members or friends who are moving into our catchment area), that Kindergarten registration for the 2020-2021 school year will take place on Tuesday, January 21st and Wednesday, January 22nd . This registration is for NEW Kindergarten students to our school community. If your child is already a Year 1 (JK) student with us, you do not need to register them for Year 2 (SK) – this is done automatically. For more information about Kindergarten registration, please click on the link below:
FUN-TASTIC FRIDAYS AT THE MILTON SPORTS CENTRE
Please find a flyer attached below regarding the Fun-tastic Fridays program for 9 to 13 year old students. This program is held select Friday evenings, from 6:30 – 9:00 pm at the Milton Sports Centre.
Family Literacy Day – Monday January 27
Family Literacy Day takes place every January 27th to raise awareness about the importance of reading and engaging in other literacy-related activities as a family. Since 1999, thousands of schools, libraries, literacy organizations and other community groups have taken part in the initiative. It is important to model and show our children how much we love and use reading every day. Daily reading is crucial to a child’s development, improving literacy skills for all.
Me To We Club Rafiki Bracelet Initiative
Mental Health Tip of the Month
Kiss & Ride Lane
Parents we need your help! For student safety, and safety of all, we are asking that you use this very busy lane, cautiously and efficiently:
- If you need to get out of your car (i.e. to find/meet your child, please find a parking spot). Parking is difficult at these times, so please plan ahead or use the adjacent streets as an alternate option.
- DROP OFF: please have their bags accessible, for a quick and safe exit.
- PICK UP: please keep the Kiss & Ride Lanes moving, by moving your vehicle up, to make space behind you. We have a lot of traffic sitting on McLaughlin, which causes issues for our Buses.
- Please have students enter and exit the cars from the side walk, avoiding them running in between cars.
- Please walk when/if possible. As an option for our older students, you could make a plan for pickup on a less busy nearby street. This would help decrease the amount of traffic in our parking lots.
We appreciate your support to help continue to keep our students safe and healthy,
Mr. Guerin, Mrs. Le Conte & Mrs. Babic