Dear Parents and Guardians:
We send you our well-wishes as we celebrate the Solemnity of the Ascension of our Lord and enter this fifth week of online learning. We wish families a safe and happy Victoria Day weekend and remind you that there is no school on Monday, May 24th, Please ensure you are continuing to follow Public Health guidelines.
Multicultural Rosary Circle
Thank you to those staff and families who were able to join us on Thursday for our Multicultural Rosary Circle. We will continue to meet on Thursdays at 6:30 PM during the month of May. A link will be sent out on Thursday. All are welcome to join us in prayer during the month of May.
Halton Covid-19 Vaccination Roll out Plan
Currently, Halton residents who are 30+ or are 16+ and cannot work from home are eligible to book a vaccination in Halton. Effective May 19th, all who are 16+ will be eligible to book a vaccine. Please click on the Halton Health link to book your vaccine.
Voluntary, Targeted COVID-19 Testing: May 22
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Families are able to attend Bishop Reding on May 22 between the hours of 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM
Who Can Be Tested?
- Testing is voluntary, and consent will be required from parents or guardians.
- Targeted testing is offered only for individuals who are asymptomatic (i.e. not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms).
NOTE: If you have been deemed a close contact to an individual that tested positive for COVID-19, please do NOT attend one of our Voluntary Asymptomatic Testing hub sites, as you will be turned away.
Targeted COVID-19 testing is available to the following individuals:
- All school staff and their household members
- All students and their families
- All Child Care staff and their household members
- All Child Care families
About the Testing
The Ministry of Education has arranged for the testing to be provided through a third party, LifeLabs.
LifeLabs uses a swab similar to a Q-tip that is inserted into the front part of the nostril and rotated for fifteen seconds (per nostril). Their trained staff will perform the test in a designated space within a school.
LifeLabs will ensure that every mobile collection site adheres to the following health and safety protocols:
- PPE for Droplet Precautions will be worn by all staff working in the location
- Enhanced hand hygiene will be followed by the staff conducting the testing
- Hand hygiene for students and staff will be required before and after service is provided
- Disinfecting of the cubicles and chairs will be undertaken before and after each individual tested
- Surgical masks will be provided, if necessary
Pre-registration will not be offered for this round of voluntary COVID-19 testing.
If you are interested in getting tested, you are encouraged to walk-in for an appointment during the designated clinic hours.
Public Health Tip of the Week:
Your Partners in Catholic Education,
G. Giacalone, E. Scannell, D. Owens