Dear Parents and Guardians:
Today we enter into the holiest week of our Church calendar. Classes will participate in a school-wide virtual liturgy on Holy Thursday. We encourage you to refer to Holy Rosary Parish for mass times during the Sacred Triduum. Please remember that there is no school on Good Friday or Easter Monday. As families prepare for Christ’s resurrection at Easter, we would like to share with families the following Easter blessing:
May you and your family be blessed as you celebrate the true meaning of Easter, from the reflection of Good Friday to the joy of Easter Sunday and the promise of eternal life. Best wishes to you this Easter. May your life be blessed with joy and prosperity. Happy Easter!
24 Hour Fast Fundraising
What have you chosen to fast from? To raise money for the 24 Hour Fast, we have decided to have 4 donation Spirit Days. Families can make all donations for the spirit days on School Cash Online. Donations can also be made directly through the link to CanadaHelps. Let’s work together to support those in need in our community! The Civvies Days will be as follows:
- Tuesday, March the 30th – the day of the Fast, is a Civvies Day of choice. Please ensure outfits adhere to the code of conduct.
- Tuesday, April 6th, you are asked to wear Rainbow colours as we Raise the Flag for Autism.
- Thursday, April 22nd is Wear Your Favourite Hoodie Day.
- Friday, April 30th is Beach Day. Wear your summer shirts and hats. Please no bathing suits.
For those families that participated in our Purdy’s Chocolate Fundraiser, communication will be provided as to when the orders can be picked up at the school. Thank you for your support.
- please ensure families complete the daily self-screening and report absences through Safe Schools or phone call
- students are encouraged to have spare masks to change throughout the day
- please encourage children to cross with the crossing guard on the way to and from school
- the school bell rings at 9:15 AM; students are encouraged to arrive prior to this time. Late students are encouraged to enter through the front door.
- as temperatures are to be cooler this week, students should have appropriate outer wear
OCSGE Focus for April – A Caring Family Member
Our focus for April is I CARE!
- I love God, myself and my family.
- I care about and respect my ‘family’ at school, at Church, in the community, and the world.
- I care about and respect God’s creation and everything in it.
- Because I care, I pray for all my families, and I will live my life like Jesus.
- I treat all people online with respect as we are all created in God’s image.
- I represent myself well during my online interactions.
- I recognize how my online activities affect my family and my school community.
- I show care and respect for God’s creation and everything in it.
Health Tip of the Week
March Break (mid-winter break) for the 2020-2021 school year is postponed to the week of April 12th.
Your partners in Catholic Education,
G. Giacalone, E. Scannell, D. Owens