Dear Parents and Guardians:
Thank you for your continued support in following our new routines which have been developed to follow the guidelines established by Halton Health and the Ministry of Education.
Please ensure you are completing the daily self-assessment for your children, using the COVID-19 School Screening tool. If your child is experiencing symptoms before school, or they develop during the day, you must follow the protocol described in the following chart:
For the safety of all, when dropping off and picking up students, please avoid coming onto school property during school hours.
Request to Change Learning Environment
If you wish to change your child’s learning environment by switching from remote learning to in-class instruction, or vice versa, you are asked to complete an online request form.
Important notes before you complete the online form:
- You are asked to submit a separate form for each child.
- You will need your child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN) to submit this request. The OEN can be found on a recent report card.
- This online request form applies to elementary students ONLY. Requests for changes in the learning environment at the secondary school level should be sent to directly to your child’s secondary school Principal.
- This form does not apply to homeschooling. If your child is currently being homeschooled and you would like to request a change to either in-class instruction or remote learning, please contact your Family of Schools Superintendent.
NOTE: Please do not complete this form unless you want to change your child’s current learning environment – i.e. your child is currently attending in-class instruction and you want to switch to remote (online) learning in a virtual classroom.
CLICK HERE to access the online form to request a change to your child’s learning environment.
The online form will remain open until 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, October 1, 2020.
Once the online form has closed, our staff will begin to work through the rescheduling process.
- Parents and guardians will receive confirmation of the changes to their children’s learning environment during the week of October 13th.
- The changes will come into effect during the week of October 19, 2020.
- CLICK HERE to learn more about in-class instruction in our HCDSB elementary schools.
- CLICK HERE to learn more about remote learning in our HCDSB Virtual Elementary School.
Please encourage your child(ren) to wear a mask when they arrive on school property in the morning and that the mask is not removed until after they have exited the yard at the end of the day. We thank you for your support.
Orange Shirt Day:
Students are encouraged to wear an orange shirt on Wednesday, September, 30th. Orange Shirt Day is a national day of recognition in which all Canadians remember the tragedy of residential schools in Canada. For more information, please refer to the link.
Health and Safety Tip of the Week