In this week’s Gospel, Jesus asks us to give up our possessions to be His disciples, a counter-cultural statement in today’s society. On our continuing journey to make Christian stewardship our way of life, do we let go of possessions that have mastered us, or are we still mastered by them?
Thank you for your support in creating a successful first-week transition back to school. We hope all children feel safe and welcomed at St. Anthony School. During the first week of school, we held divisional assemblies to familiarize students with the expected routines.
Please be reminded that supervision before school does not begin until 9:00 AM. Students should not be arriving in the yard before this time. The YMCA staff only supervises students under their care.
When dropping off students before school, please pull up as far as possible in the Kiss n Ride lane to allow for smooth traffic flow. Please do not get out of your car in the Kiss n Ride lane – supervisors can assist children in exiting the car. If you must exit your car, please park in a designated parking spot.
- Student verification forms and permission forms sent home the first day of school are due September 13
- Milk, pizza, and pita orders are open on School Cash on Line until September 13
- A PA Day for teachers will occur on September 16. Students do not come to school on this day.
- Curriculum Night is September 19th. The evening will begin at 7:00 PM with a presentation in the gym for all parents. Afterwards, there will be two twenty-minute sets of classroom presentations. The evening will end by 8:30 PM.
- School Mass at Holy Rosary Church will be celebrated at 10:00 AM on September 24 for students in grades 1-8.
- Parent Council Nominations are due September 24.
- Orange Shirt Civvies Day: September 27th. Students are asked to wear an orange shirt, if they have one to acknowledge those who have suffered the loss of dignity, especially those who suffered in residential schools in Canada.
- Photo Day for all students will occur on September 30 and October 1. Forms will be sent home in advance.
For all up-coming events, please refer to the calendar:
Holy Rosary Parish is holding a meeting for the parents of those receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation this year.
Please join us as we come together in prayer to celebrate the beginning of another great school year at SAOP!
All students are welcome to dress in an orange shirt. This is in support of communities coming together in a spirit of reconciliation and hope because every child matters. Please note that if students wear an orange shirt, they are not required to wear their uniform.
Your partners in Catholic Education,
G. Giacalone, L. MacLennan, D. Owens