The dishonest manager in today’s parable knew how to manipulate money to his advantage. But the Gospel warns that no one can serve both God and money. Which do I serve? Is my stewardship such that anyone can tell? (Our Sunday Visitor, ibid., page 31).
Thank you to all parents who came out on Curriculum Night to learn about the daily activities at Saint Anthony of Padua School. Thanks also for following the entrance and dismissal routines each day.
- Please be reminded that supervision does not begin in the schoolyard before 9:00 AM unless there is a specific team practice. Students should not be arriving before then. Please ensure your child(ren) leave home to arrive at school after supervision begins. The YMCA staff can only supervise students under their care.
- Please ensure you label your child’s uniform, especially sweaters. We have a number of uniform pieces collecting in lost and found. If your child is missing pieces, please have them check the lost and found. Periodically throughout the year, we donate a number of clothing items that have not been claimed.
Tuesday, September 24:
- Grades 1-8 will celebrate Mass, 10:00 AM @ Holy Rosary Parish
- Catholic School Council Nominations Due
- Cross Country Practice 8:20 AM
- Senior Girl’s Volleyball Game @ St. Anthony
Thursday, September 26:
- Cross Country Practice 8:20 AM
Friday, September 27:
- Orange Shirt Civvies Day – students are asked to wear orange to honour the Indigenous children who were sent away to residential schools in Canada and learn more about the history of those schools.
Monday, September 30:
- Photo Day for FDK D, E, F & Grades 1, 3, 5, 7
- Lunch & Milk programs begin this week.
Tuesday, October 1:
- Photo Day for FDK A, B, C, & Grades 2, 4, 6, 8
Holy Rosary Parish News:
CHILDREN’S LITURGY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!
If you are looking to volunteer with Holy Rosary parish, consider volunteering with the Children’s Liturgy ministry. Volunteers are needed for 10 am and 11:30 am Masses from September to May. Leaders are scheduled on a monthly basis. Please contact the parish office to fill out a volunteer form. If you have any questions, please email Cathy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On September 27th – 29th, 2019, join Arts Milton at the FirstOntario Arts Centre Milton for a weekend of culture, music, visual art, dance, theatre, technology and more! Get hands-on and behind-the-scenes in your community, alongside thousands of events happening across Canada. In Milton you’ll find a selection of 50+ free participatory activities for all ages.
The Launch Event is open to the public on September 27th from 7-9:30 pm at the FirstOntario Arts Centre Milton. Activities for all ages will take place on September 28th and 29th from 10-4 pm at the Arts Centre – 1010 Main St East. Visit artsmilton.com or culturedays.ca to view activities and plan your weekend now!
Arts Milton is a not-for-profit organization that connects artists of all genres and levels of experience with the greater Milton community, in the spirit of facilitating creative expression and cultural enrichment. Membership is free and Arts Milton offers, artist networking events, The Friendship Project for newcomers, a Summer Days performance series and Culture Days activities.
For all up-coming events, please refer to the calendar:
Please join us as we come together in prayer to celebrate the beginning of another great school year at SAOP!
All students are welcome to dress in an orange shirt. This is in support of communities coming together in a spirit of reconciliation and hope because every child matters. Please note that if students wear an orange shirt, they are not required to wear their uniform.
Please see below for the classroom schedule for picture day today and tomorrow.
On September 30th we will have Banks/Gancarz, Sewbans/Salibay, Lopes/Barbosa and grades 1, 3, 5, 7
On October 1st we will have Banks/Gancarz, Sewbans/Salibay, Lopes/Barbosa and grades 2, 4, 6, 8
Please see below for the classroom schedule for picture day today.
On October 1st we will have Peers/Gates, Daly/Pelley, Pavao/Ceccomancini and grades 2, 4, 6, 8
Your partners in Catholic Education,
G. Giacalone, L. MacLennan, D. Owens