SUBJECT: Return to Instruction Delayed for All Students Until January 5, 2022
Dear St. Anne Parents and Guardians,
We hope that you all had a safe and healthy Christmas Break and a wonderful start to the New Year.
As you have heard from the government and our Board through a previous email on December 30th, all publicly funded elementary and secondary schools are to delay the return to instruction for all students until Wednesday, January 5, 2022. Read the News Release here. This means that St. Anne will be closed to all students until Wednesday, when we will welcome back all students to our school.
Return to Class on Wednesday, January 5th
- Schools will be closed to all students on Monday, January 3rd and Tuesday, January 4th.
- No in-person or remote instruction will take place during this time for any students, including students with special education needs and students currently enrolled in our virtual school, St. Clare of Assisi Catholic Elementary School.
- In-school and remote instruction will resume for all students on Wednesday, January 5th.
A Few Important Reminders
- As indicated in the emails you received on November 18, 2021 and December 16, 2021 for the first two weeks of school following the break, all Kindergarten to Grade 12 students will be required to show daily confirmation of successful completion of the COVID-19 school screening tool. This process will begin when students return to school on Wednesday, January 5, 2021 and will continue until further notice.
- Families who have travelled outside of Canada over the Christmas break are reminded to monitor updates to federal travel directives and mandatory isolation periods for students. Please refer to the Government of Canada’s instructions for travellers from outside Canada for more information.
Please continue to monitor your emails, as we will share any new information through email as it becomes available during the beginning of the week.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding as we work with the Ministry of Education and our Public Health officials to keep our community healthy and safe for all. We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday.