Wednesday, January 12, 2022
Good afternoon to our St. Anne families! We hope that you are staying warm and healthy and surviving this round of remote learning.
Like you, we’ve heard the announcement today about the return to school on Monday! The school Boards are waiting further information from the Ministry of Education regarding outlines for our return to in-person learning, so please make sure you monitor your emails! Therefore, there are not a lot of updates we can provide you with yet. What we know so far:
- You will be required to complete daily screening for each child before school starts and confirm this has been completed with your child’s teacher.
- There will be 3-ply masks provided by the government for all students.
- We will be remaining in cohorts as before.
- If you have registered for remote learning, this will take effect on Monday, January 24th. Those that have registered for remote learning can remain at home next week until the start of their new placement and access asynchronous work through their current teacher’s platform.
- If you choose to remain at home next week and you are still an in-person learner, this is considered an absence and you will need to follow the regular procedures to report your child’s absence. Teachers can provide missed work to your child, which may be available through their platform. Please confirm directly with your teacher to catch up on missed work.
Further information will be shared by the Board soon. School specific things, like pizza days, will be communicated once we have Ministry direction. Until then, hang in there and keep doing what you can to continue learning each and every day this week. But we can confirm that in-person learning will resume on Monday, January 17th.
Together as a community we will get through this! Stay healthy and safe!