Access to School for Personal Belongings & to Drop Off Borrowed Items
Dear St. Anne Parents and Guardians,
We are writing to let you know that our “curbside pick-up/drop off” has been arranged for Monday, June 28th. This curbside approach will maintain public health guidelines for physical distancing and allow you to return all borrowed tech devices and to retrieve any personal belongings that may have been left in the school during the school closure period.
In order to facilitate this process, synchronous learning will end on Friday, June 25th. Asynchronous material will be posted for Monday, June 28th and Tuesday, June 29th for all students by your classroom teachers.
Pick Up & Drop Off Items
The following items apply for pick up:
- Personal belongings in lockers, desks and cubbies that will be bagged and labelled
- EpiPens® or other medications will be included inside the bag for return, as well as the 2021-2022 Medical Package that will need to be returned on the first day of school in September
The following items apply for drop off:
- Technology (devices) borrowed
- Special education equipment
- Classroom Textbooks
- Library books
Please note that all devices will need to be returned by Monday, June 28th, unless students are enrolled in a summer learning program and they require the device for learning.
Please see the attached schedule below, which is organized by classes. Each class will have a specific time and location/drop off area that will allow parents and guardians to safely pick up personal belongings and/or drop off borrowed items. Due to the size of our school, we cannot accommodate family groupings, meaning you may have to come to the school at different times and to different doors in order to drop off/pick up materials. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but it is the easiest way for our school to manage while adhering to our Public Health guidelines. Most of the times are in the morning so hopefully it won’t be too many visits for you!
The times for drop off/pick up will be on MONDAY, JUNE 28th between 9:00am and 1:15pm depending on your classroom. Please see the schedule of classes for your child’s classroom time and the door locations listed beside it. If you are unable to drop off on Monday, June 28th, please drop off materials on Friday, June 25th or Tuesday, June 29th and notify Mrs. Tharby at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will arrange to have your child(ren)’s materials at the front door on the Friday or Monday.
- A curbside approach for pick up and drop off will be offered, with a designated area for items to be dropped off. Please remain physically distanced from other non-household individuals.
- Students will not be able to access the school.
- Masks must be worn in compliance with Halton Public Health.
- Prior to your scheduled drop off or pick up time frame, you are required to complete the school self-screening process: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
Schedule for Pick Up/Drop Off: Monday, June 28th
Please see the attached schedule here:
As always, please continue to follow the advice and recommendations from Public Health and stay safe!
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we provide temporary access to our school in a safe and secure manner. Stay well, as you continue to take good care of your family. We look forward to seeing you from a 6 feet distance soon!