Good evening St. Anne Families!
As we prepare to welcome students back to school this week, we wanted to review a few procedures and protocols to help minimize contacts and prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our school community.
Drop-off and Pick-up
The drop-off and pick-up protocols that will be in place:
- We ask that only one parent or guardian drop off and pick up children.
2. Parents and guardians will remain outside and will not be permitted to enter the school (unless there is an extenuating need, and prior approval has been obtained as per the Visitor Protocol).
3. Starting on Thursday, Kindergarten students will enter the school immediately upon arrival in the morning.
4. Starting on Monday, all students will enter the school immediately upon arrival in the morning according to specific entry doors. They will also have specific exit doors. This information will be communicated to you by your child(ren)’s teachers.
5. Parents and caregivers are asked to leave the school property as soon as they drop off their child(ren). No gathering or congregating will be allowed on school property.
6. Parents and caregivers are encouraged to use the ‘Kiss and Ride’ as students become more comfortable and familiar with the new routine.
For this week only, please refer to the chart for your area in our back playground where you can drop your child off for their first day.
|ZONE 1: Mrs. Comin (Gr. 3) Miss Longo (Gr. 3) Miss Quintal (Gr. 7)||ZONE 2: Mrs. Guinto (Gr. 2) Mrs. Forbes (Gr. 3) Miss Esteves (Gr. 7)||ZONE 3: Mrs. Mallett (Gr. 1) Mrs. Leyland (Gr. 4) Mr. Sneyd (Gr. 8)|
|ZONE 4: Mrs. Jarvis (Gr. 1) Mrs. von Boetticher (Gr. 3) Mrs. Driscoll (Gr. 4/5)||ZONE 5: Mrs. Carbone (Gr. 2) Mrs. Zutt (Gr. 2) Mr. Driscoll (Gr. 6)||ZONE 6: Ms. Bolzan (Gr. 1) Mr. Osadciw (Gr. 6) Mr. Walmsley (Gr. 8)|
|ZONE 7: Mrs. Maher (Gr. 1) Mrs. Martin (Gr. 6) Mr. Campanelli (Gr. 7/8)||ZONE 8: Mrs. Lupo (Gr. 2) Mrs. Forsyth (Gr. 3) Mrs. Gamble (Gr. 4)||EMPTY ZONE (Behind Portables): Ms. Memmolo (Gr. 4) Mrs. MaGarrey (Gr. 5) Mrs. Stribbell (Gr. 5)|
This drop off “Zone” will be for this week only, the week of September 9th – 11th.
Below is a chart outlining your one day to attend school this week:
|Wednesday, September 9th||Only students in Grades 1 – 8 with surnames beginning with the letters A-F will come to school|
|Thursday, September 10th||Only students in Grades 1 – 8 with surnames beginning with the letters G- N will come to school|
|Friday, September 11th||Only students in Grades 1 – 8 with surnames beginning with the letters O-Z will come to school|
|Monday, September 14th||ALL students in Grades 1 – 8 attending in-class instruction will come to school. Remote learning will begin for students learning from home.|
Please walk when you can and avoid our crowded parking lots. If they are full, use the side streets and/or the park parking lot! We will be outside in the playground rain or shine this week for drop off!
Students Learning from Home
Some of our families have opted to keep their children home to participate in remote (online) learning. Remote learners will be part of a virtual classroom, in a virtual school. Online classes are currently being organized within the Board. Once finalized, parents with students in the virtual classrooms will receive communication directly from their children’s remote classroom teachers.
NOTE: Students registered for remote instruction will not be attending our school in-person on the gradual return days that have been scheduled between September 9 -11, 2020. These days are set aside for students who will be returning for in-class instruction, to review the health and safety protocols that will be in place in our school.
The first day of instruction for students learning from home will be Monday, September 14, 2020.
Daily Self Screening
Parents and guardians must perform daily screening of their child(ren) for COVID-19 symptoms BEFORE leaving for school using the COVID-19 Self-Assessment.
- Check your child’s temperature to ensure they do not have a fever (temperature greater than 37.8oC)
- Monitor for signs and symptoms (including atypical symptoms) of COVID-19
- If any signs or symptoms, student and other household members must stay home, and school must be contacted.
Please note that if a student or staff member shows signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or has come into close contact with anyone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19, they cannot come to school. They must self-isolate and be tested for COVID-19.
Parents are able to access the Daily Screening Checklist for HCDSB students HERE.
What happens if your child feels unwell at school?
It is important for your son or daughter to let their teacher know if they are feeling unwell at school.
Students who show signs/symptoms of COVID-19 during the school day will be taken to our school’s designated ‘isolation room’ where they will be cared for and supervised until the parent or guardian can pick them up.
It is very important that we have current contact information for all our families so that we can get in touch with you quickly. Please contact our school office if there have been any recent changes to your contact information.
We look forward to seeing our in-school students this week.
Your partners in Catholic Education,
The Staff of St. Anne Catholic Elementary School