Catholic School Councils are legally constituted bodies of elected and appointed representatives of the local school community established for the purposes of developing, encouraging and promoting activities which will enhance the quality of school programs and improve the levels of student achievement.
The school’s mandate is to work toward ensuring the best possible education for all students within that school. The school council provides a structure in which parents, principal, teachers, non-teaching staff representative, parish representative, students and community members can talk about education in their community. The school council is also a vehicle by which everyone in the school community has a voice in educational issues.
To learn about the School Council Election Process please visit: https://elem.hcdsb.org/standrew/2019/09/school-council-election-process/
It is the role of the school council to:
– Work with the school’s mission statement and goals rather than on day-to-day
management of the school;
– Ensure that school programs and priorities meet the school community’s expectations.
– Consult with the school community on setting priorities, strategies and performance
– Advise the principal and the school board as per Regulation 612/00, school board policy
and this operations manual;
– Consult with other school councils and education partners on wider issues;
– Share information with the school community, other school councils and the School
Taken From: Halton CPIC
Our Catholic School Council Members for the 2019-20 School Year are:
- Christine Krueger – Chair
- Latifah Tomm – Parent Rep
- Abiodun Adekitan – Parent Rep
- Laura Gallo – OAPSCE Rep
- Crystal Duggan – Parent Rep
- Mary Soler – Secretary
- Richard Selwyn – Parent Rep
- Emilia De Simone – Treasurer
- Marion Bastiampillai – Parish Rep
- Nancy Harrison – Teacher Rep
- Trish Nadal-Droog – CUPE Rep
- Michelle Kotulak – Vice Principal
- Lorraine Boulos – Principal
The commissioning of our new Catholic School Council took place during our first School Council Meeting on Wednesday, October 2nd, 2019 at 6:30 pm in the school library.
All of our meetings take place in the Library of the school at 6:30 p.m. The dates of our School Council Meetings for the school year are posted in our School Calendar as well as in our Weekly Updates.
About Our School Council