We are currently in the early stages of planning for the next school year and are seeking your input to help us determine our staffing needs for September 2021.
Preparing for the 2021-2022 School Year
Although we have not yet received direction from the Ministry of Education regarding what will be required of school boards during the 2021-2022 school year, our staffing process has already begun for next school year.
We are reaching out to our parents and guardians now to ask you to provide an early indication of your intentions for the 2021-2022 school year.
Specifically, we need to know if at this time you anticipate that in September 2021:
1. your child(ren) will attend school in-person, with enhanced health and safety protocols in place; OR
This information will help us determine how many teachers will be required to staff our Virtual Elementary School, and how many teachers will be needed for in-person learning.
NOTE: We know that any decision you make today may change based on how the health situation evolves over the next few months. For this reason, we will ask you to confirm your decision in mid-June.
Complete the Parent Poll Now
Please take a moment to complete this quick poll by clicking on the link below.
- If you have more than one child enrolled in an HCDSB elementary school, please fill out a separate form for each child.
- The information gathered through this poll will be used by HCDSB Research Services to compile summary statistics for planning purposes. Lists will also be generated for each school and shared for planning purposes and follow-up if required.
- If you do not complete this poll, we will plan as though your child(ren) will be attending in-person instruction in September 2021.
- A decision to begin the school year in one environment (in-person or virtual) does not mean your child will need to remain in that learning environment all year. There will be an opportunity for parents to request a change in learning environment for their children during the 2021-2022 school year.
This poll will remain open until 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, March 10, 2021.
Thank you for taking the time to respond to this poll. We know this is a difficult decision for many families, and we appreciate your assistance as we plan for a safe and healthy return to instruction in September, 2021.