1. Updates to the COVID-19 School and Child Care Screening Tool.
The COVID-19 School Screening Tool has been changed and will now require students and staff with any new or worsening symptoms of COVID-19, even those with only one (1) symptom, must stay home until:
- They receive a negative COVID-19 test result.; OR
- They receive an alternative diagnosis by a health care professional.; OR
- It has been 10 days since their symptom onset, and they are feeling better.
Parents and guardians are reminded to complete the COVID-19 School Screening Tool for each child every day before leaving home for school or child care: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/.
2. Self-Isolation Requirements for Families in a Household
The Ministry of Health has now indicated that all individuals living in the same household are now required to self-isolate when a family member has COVID-19 symptoms, even if the family member only has one (1) symptom. All family members must also isolate if one of the members has traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days.
The following isolation requirements now apply:
- All members in a household of a symptomatic individual are required to self-isolate until the individual:
- Receives a negative COVID-19 test result; OR
- Receives an alternative diagnosis by a health care professional.
- If someone in your household tests positive, or is not tested and does not receive an alternative diagnosis from a health care professional:
- This individual must isolate (including from others in your household) for 10 days from the date of experiencing symptoms. AND
- All members of the same household must isolate for 14 days from their last date of exposure with the symptomatic family/household member.
Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding as we continue to adapt our health and safety protocols to meet the Ministry of Education and Public Health requirements so that we can help stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community.