Our ability to participate in government, to elect our leaders and to imporve our lives is contingent upon our ability to access the ballot. We know in our hearts that voting is a sacred right – the fount from which all others flow. ~ Stacey Abrams
Monday is voting day! St. Andrew School will be a polling station; we will have a Security Guard on site to ensure the safety of our students while members of the public come to vote. Please ensure that you get out to vote and make your voices count!
On Thursday, October 31st, we will be hosting our ANNUAL ST. ANDREW BOOGIE-A-THON! This is our one major fundraiser for the year. The money from our fundraiser will be used to purchase items and activities for our students that will enhance their experiences here at St. Andrew School. We appreciate any financial support you can give us, it all goes towards enhancing our children’s education! For more information, and to learn how you can support our school, please see our Boogie-A-Thon Announcement. On Monday, we will have our Early-Bird Draw for those students whose families have already donated to our fundraiser.
Food Drive – WE SCARE HUNGER! – October 21st – November 1st
Halloween normally means costumes, trick-or-treating and sweets! Let’s treat the community on Halloween and really make a difference. This year, St. Andrew will ‘Scare Hunger’ away by collecting different non-perishable items to share with the needy. Next week is our kick-off and we will be collecting the items from October 21- November 1.
Once again we would like to offer you the opportunity of purchasing lunches for your children via Lunchbox Orders. You can order Swiss Chalet on Mondays and Subway on Thursdays for your children.
How to Order:
1. Go online at www.lunchboxorders.com and click “ORDER LUNCH”.
2. New to Lunchbox Orders? Click “Create an Account” to register your family’s account.
3. Already registered? Please login directly with your current user name (e-mail address) and password.
4. Add your child to your account by clicking “add a student” and register your child with their new teacher and grade for the current school year.
5. Click “Order Now” (beside your child’s name) to access the school’s ordering calendar.
6. Proceed with ordering your child’s lunch by clicking on the blue box for each restaurant featured.
7. All orders are submitted on the website and payment is processed on-line by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Debit MasterCard or Visa Debit. Visa and MasterCard prepaid cards are also accepted.
Questions? Contact the Lunchbox Orders customer service team at 1.877.426.6860 or by e-mail at email@example.com
Things to Remember:
• New orders must be placed by Sunday at 12pm (NOON) for the following week.
• Orders will not be accepted after the Sunday deadline.
• Cancellations will be accepted two (2) days prior to delivery.
• If buses are cancelled due to inclement weather, all lunches will be delivered as scheduled.
• If there is a school closure, all lunches will be cancelled and a credit will be issued within 3 business days.
** Please ensure the correct teacher and grade are selected to prevent missed or lost lunches on the day of delivery.
International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme
On Wednesday, October 23, 2019, St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Secondary School will host an information evening for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme.
IB is a globally recognized programme that challenges students to excel in their studies and in their personal development. Students enrolled in the IB Programme study topics in greater depth, helping them develop the knowledge and the critical thinking skills necessary for success in post-secondary education and beyond.
The IB information evening will begin at 7:00 p.m. Parents and students in grades 7 – 9 who are interested in learning more about the programme and the application process are encouraged to attend.
Holy Trinity Leadership Program
Students from Holy Trinity involved in their new Leadership Program have started running intramurals for our Grade 8 students. The lunchtime activities include playing various sports and co-operative games in the gym. In addition, the leaders are providing lunchtime tutoring for some of our Grade 6 students. We are impressed with the natural leadership skills of these young adults.
Edge Imaging will be returning to our school for picture retakes for those interested on Tuesday, October 29, 2019.
The Great Big Crunch!
To promote healthy eating, our school will be participating in the Great Big Crunch. Halton Food For Thought partners with schools to help promote healthy snacks at school. The Big Crunch Date is October 24th. Each child in our school will be given an apple to eat as a healthy snack, and we will be crunching on them in unison. Pictures will be tweeted out!
Sensory Friendly Masses: Beginning in November, Mary Mother of God Parish will offer a monthly Mass for Catholics (young and old) with sensory sensitivities including Autism, Down Syndrome, Sensory Processing Disorder and ADHD. On the second Sunday of the month at 3:00 pm, we will offer Mass with less sensory input. You can expect lower lights, softer music, low gluten host, smaller host portions, shorter and more literal homilies, and the freedom to move around if necessary. Most important: you’ll receive the Eucharist while surrounded by fellow worshipers with a welcoming attitude. Feel free to bring whatever supports you may need, including fidgets, weighted blankets, noise-canceling headphones, sunglasses or comfort toys. Dates for our sensory-friendly Masses are: Nov 10, Dec 15, Jan 12, Feb 9, March (canceled for March Break) April 12, May 10, June 14. For more information, please contact Debbie Frey at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in volunteering at these masses, please contact Debbie ASAP!
Boys’ Senior Volleyball
- October 24th St. Andrew plays St. Matthew at St. Matthew School
Girls’ Senior Volleyball
- October 21st St. Andrew plays St. Vincent at St. Vincent