As you are aware our Sacred Heart of Jesus will have our Annual Halloween Danceathon on Friday, October 30th. Unfortunately, we are unable to invite parents and pre-school siblings to join us this year.
An envelope that will act as our pledge sheet went home on Monday, October 19th with each student. Pledges can be made via the school website or via cheque. Please return all pledges and envelopes by Monday, November 2nd.
Click here for information on class and individual prizes such as class parties and more!
Halloween Costume Considerations
In our Catholic education community, we want to promote respect, inclusion and empathy for all individuals. As you select a Halloween costume, we encourage you to consider the following to avoid being disrespectful or offensive:
- Is my costume making fun of a group of people, their culture or religion?
- Does my costume reinforce jokes and stereotypes about certain groups, cultures or religions?
- Am I dressing up as a culture, altering my skin colour or borrowing from a religion that is not my own or part of my background?
- No replica weapons at school
- Students must be able to independently dress in to or out of costume when using the washroom
- Students must wear their PPE masks as per Covid procedures at all times while in the school building. Please do not send your child with a Halloween mask that will interfere with this protection.
- The Danceathon portion of the day will include 30 minutes of outdoor dancing with a DJ. Please consider the weather so that your child will be warm while in costume outdoors (i.e. the student may wear a jacket over their costume, extra sweater, etc.)