June 20, 2019
I have been made aware that some parents did not receive this letter. Please accept my apologies as I know how important it is to plan.
It is hard to believe that the end of the school year is here and that your son/daughter is about to graduate from a school that they may have attend for the past 10 years!
The following is important information that you will need to make our graduation celebrations go smoothly:
June 25, 2019 is GRADUATION DAY!
- All students are to arrive at school as their normal routine.
- As a Catholic School the Celebration of the Eucharist is extremely important and is the center of all our accomplishments. Attendance will be taken as per usual and the students will board the bus at 9:15 am to Holy Rosary Church. Please ensure your child is wearing the appropriate church wear.
- Mass will begin at 10:00am Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join us for this part of the celebration.
- After Mass, the graduating students will take the bus back to RAD Brothers Restaurant at approximately 11:30am.
- Evening Ceremony: Students are asked to arrive at OLV at 6:00pm. The door will open for parents/guardians and guests at 6:15pm. The program will begin at 6:30 pm.
- We are asking that families limit how many family members they are bringing to 6 people.
- At the end of the program, students will have a first dance with a parent of their choice. After this dance you are respectfully asked to leave.
- There will be a dance for OLV Graduating students, guests are not permitted, until 9:00pm. You are requested to ensure that your son/daughter will be picked up no later that 9:00pm. We will not dismiss any student who does have a parent/guardian to pick them up.
- Snacks will be available during the dance.
Schedule at a Glance!
|ACTIVITY||DATE & TIME||LOCATION||PARTICIPANTS|
|Graduation Rehearsal||Mon. June 24, AM & PM||OLV gymnasium||students|
|Graduation Mass||Tues. June 25, 10 AM||Holy Rosary Church||students and parents|
|Graduation Luncheon||Tues. June 25, 11:30 AM||Rad Brothers||students|
|Graduation Ceremony||Tues. June 25, 6:30 PM
*students arrive 6:00 PM*
|OLV gymnasium||students and families|
|Graduation Dance||Tues. June 25, 7:30 – 9 PM
*pick-up no later than 9 PM*
END OF YEAR
- If your child would like to bring in gently used uniform piece(s), they will be able to wear civvies from June 24-28.
- Your child will have regular classes on June 26-June 28; however, you may choose not to send them to school as they will have already received their report card and graduated. Below is a form that you can send back to school so that you will not have to call the school for our Safe Arrival Program. If we don’t hear from you, we will have to follow the HCDSB’s board protocol.
Please fill in the following and have it returned to your child’s home room teacher.
|Date||Morning Absent||Afternoon Absent|
*Grade 8 Clap Out will be at 1:50pm
Student Name: _____________________ Homeroom Teacher: _______________
Parent Signature: ______________________