Highlights for this week…
Activities and Events
Please check the calendar on the website to ensure that you are up to date concerning June activities as it is a very busy month.
Congratulations to the Softball Team who came in 3rd at the Queen of Heaven Softball Tournament;
Colouring Club at lunchtime on Tuesdays and Thursdays;
Ice Dawg sales for $2 on Wednesdays at lunchtime;
June 4 – Tickets for the School Play Seussical Jr. are still available. Please contact Mrs. Osti for tickets – $8. per person;
Reminder that there is a Professional Activity Day for staff on June 7, 2019. No school for students.;
June 25 – Report Cards are distributed;
June 26-27 – Report Card Confirmation Slip is due to your child’s classroom teacher;
June 28 – Last Day of School for this school year. Early dismissal is 1:55pm. School Bus schedule will pick students up at the school at 1:55pm and will drop students off at their regular bus stop approximately 90 mins earlier that normal.
Class Lists for 2019 – 2020
Are you moving over the summer? Do you have information to share that will help staff decide the best placement for your child(ren) in the next school year? As a staff, many factors go into the decisions to create a balanced set of class lists for the coming school year. Please advise Mrs. Osti or your child’s teacher if you know that you will be moving this summer. Please put in writing and address to the attention of Mrs. Morrissey/Ms. Laforet any information about your child’s learning needs and/or concerns that would help staff make the best possible decision for class placements in 2019-2020 school year. While friendships are considered, these are not the deciding factor as friendships naturally evolve and change among children. Thank you for your partnership with the school and Parish to create a Catholic learning environment to benefit all children.
With the arrival of the month of June, a reminder of the dress code expectations for Our Lady of Victory School. As a uniform school, students are required to wear their uniform until the end of the year. We do have a few spirit days in June where uniforms are not required; however, there are expectations regarding appropriate dress for those days. The standard of dress for our students is set by the good judgment and discretion of our parents. Please note the following dress code expectations for all Our Lady of Victory School students:
- Full length T-shirts with a sleeve (no muscle shirts or cut-off T-shirts are allowed for regular class or gym wear);
- Strapless shirts or any top that leaves the shoulders or midriff bare are not to be worn at school;
- Students are able to wear shorts provided they are modest. The school expects that students wear a decent walking short. No short-shorts, cut-off jeans;
- Pants are to be worn at the waist. Undergarments should not be visible. Torn or ragged jeans, cut-off shorts, are not acceptable;
- Shorts/skirts must be of modest cut and proportions;
- Clothing or decorations associated with inappropriate messaging is not permitted on school grounds or at school sponsored functions;
- Hats/Caps and sunscreen should be used during warm weather seasons (uniform and non uniform days);
- Closed toe shoes (i.e. running shoes) provide the greatest flexibility and safety while at school. Students are strongly encouraged to avoid wearing sandals, flip flops, etc. while at school (uniform and non uniform days).
We appreciate your attention to this in the coming month.