Never miss an important date. You can subscribe to our School Calendar. Click here for instructions.
As you may know, we are anticipating that the school might be closed on Tuesday, February 25 as a result of the ongoing labour negotiations. Consequently, we will be rescheduling our pancake celebration until after Easter. We would like to thank in advance the Catholic School Council members and volunteers who will give so generously of their time and talents to make the occasion special, and we will look forward to pancakes in April!
During this time of Lent, Our Lady of Peace is continuing our tradition of supporting others and bringing awareness to worthy causes in our community. This year we will be participating in the following initiatives and inviting students to donate a twoonie to each cause.
- Friday, February 28 – Wear pink for anti-bullying awareness and donate $2 to Halton Women’s Place
- Friday, March 13 – Wear blue and yellow today and donate $2 to support Down Syndrome Awareness! March 21st is World Down Syndrome Day because it is the 21st day of the 3rd month which symbolizes the uniqueness of the triplication of the 21st chromosome which leads to Down Syndrome.
- Thursday, March 26 – Wear purple and donate $2 today to support Epilepsy Awareness!
- Thursday, April 2 – Wear blue and donate $2 today to support Autism Awareness!
- Wednesday, April 8 – Wear your favourite hat and donate $2 to support Ontario Parents Advocating for Children with Cancer!