Daily School Screening
- Thank you for your continued diligence in completing the COVID-19 school screening for each child every day. Completing the screening, wearing masks, maintaining proper hand hygiene, distancing, and staying home when sick are all ways we can help to keep the children in our care and our community safe.
- Please note that the Ministry of Education screening tool states: Anyone who is sick or has any symptoms of illness, including those not listed in this screening tool, should stay home and seek assessment from their health care provider if needed. We know that this can be challenging when you need to arrange child care, but we appreciate your keeping your children home if they are ill.
Keeping Christ in Christmas Contest Closes TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT
- Today is the last day for students to submit an entry for the HCDSB’s Keeping Christ in Christmas Contest. For more information about how to upload an entry, please see our school website here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/2021/11/keeping-christ-in-christmas-student-contest-4/
Catholic School Council Meeting Monday
- Our next meeting will be on Monday, December 6 at 6:30 pm. We will meet virtually through Teams. If you would like to attend the meeting, please email Mrs. Dore-Anderson at email@example.com.
Family Paint Night Tuesday
- There will be a Family Paint Night Event organized by the HCDSB Indigenous Education Council on Tuesday night at 6:30 pm. The theme is Big Spirit Moon, and it will be lead by Indigenous artist Moses Lunham.
- The evening will be hosted on the Grandmothers’ Voice YouTube Channel.
Celebrating Advent – Liturgy and Dove Tree
- We will have a school Advent Liturgy on Wednesday, December 8 at 10:45 am through Teams. If you would like to participate in this celebration, please email Mrs. Lupton at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will send you the link.
- Students will have an opportunity to choose a dove from the Dove tree on Tuesday, December 7 and Wednesday, December 8. We would ask that all gift cards be returned to the school on Tuesday, December 14, and Wednesday, December 15. For more information, please see the email sent earlier today (December 3).
- Please view the resources available from the Diocese of Hamilton for ways you can celebrate Advent as a family: https://hamiltondiocese.com/advent2021/
Registration for Extended French Program Continues
- Registration for the Extended French Program for students entering Grade 5 in September 2022 will be open until Friday, December 17. For more information about the program, please see our school website here, or contact Mrs. Dore-Anderson with any questions.
Human Rights and Equity Advisory Council – Call for Applicants
- Our HCDSB schools are committed to creating safe, inclusive and welcoming learning environments that support student achievement and well-being in our Catholic schools. Human Rights and Equity are guiding values that are consistent both with Catholic Social Teaching, reaffirming the dignity of every individual, as well as the Ontario Human Rights Code, which safeguards students and staff from discrimination based on the protected grounds.
- The Board’s Equity and Inclusive Education Steering Committee is in the process of forming a Human Rights and Equity Advisory Council (HREAC) to engage community stakeholders including parents, students and community organizations.
- The purpose of the HREAC is to assist in identifying community needs and to provide advice and guidance on addressing systemic barriers and supporting historically underserved members of the 2SLGBTQ+, racialized and Black communities in the HCDSB.
- Parents/guardians and students in Grades 7-12 interested in serving on the HREAC are invited to submit an application online through the HREAC Membership Application Form by December 31st.
- We know that families may be eager to travel and visit family. While we certainly understand, please note that you will need to complete an Extended Absence Form (available from the office) and that any absence longer than 15 consecutive days may result in your child being demitted from our register and having to re-enroll upon your return.
- Families should also consider any quarantine requirements when planning for their children to be absent from school.
- While educators are happy to help support student learning, please note that they are not required to provide your child with work for the length of the absence.
Dec 6 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
To participate in our virtual Catholic School Council meeting, please email Mrs. Dore-Anderson for the link.
Dec 14 all day
Dec 14 all day
Dec 14 @ 9:00 am – 2:30 pm