Daily School Screening
- Thank you for your continued diligence in completing the COVID-19 school screening for each child every day. Completing the screening, wearing masks, maintaining proper hand hygiene, distancing, and staying home when sick are all ways we can help to keep the children in our care and our community safe.
- Please note that the Ministry of Education screening tool states: Anyone who is sick or has any symptoms of illness, including those not listed in this screening tool, should stay home and seek assessment from their health care provider if needed. We know that this can be challenging when you need to arrange child care, but we appreciate your keeping your children home if they are ill.
Report Card Update
- Thank you for your patience with the technical challenges around accessing the report cards this week. Our IT department has since resolved the issues and you should be able to view and download your child’s report card through the link you were sent. However, if the link still isn’t working, please contact Mrs. Dore-Anderson directly and she will send you a copy.
- Due to the difficulties with the links, and to save you some printing and scanning, we will print and send home the response form (Page 3) for the Progress Report for students in Grades 1-8 on Monday. Please review it, complete it, and return it to school with your child. It provides a great opportunity for you and your child to reflect on his or her learning to date and to set goals together.
Registration for Extended French Program Opens Wednesday
- Registration for the Extended French Program for students entering Grade 5 in September 2022 opens on Wednesday, December 1. For more information about the program, please see our school website here, or contact Mrs. Dore-Anderson with any questions.
Poinsettia Pick Up Thursday
- Our poinsettias are arriving on Thursday! If you ordered poinsettias, they will be available for pick up between 3 pm and 6 pm on Thursday, December 2.
- People will enter the school through Door 6 (the gym door on the east side of the school by the primary yard) and exit through Door 8 (on the west side of the school by the Kindergarten yard).
- The person picking up the poinsettia will need to confirm that they have completed the Ministry’s COVID screening with our volunteers and wear a mask while in the gym. You may wish to print your order from SchoolCashOnline to bring with you as well.
- If you are arriving at dismissal, please keep your distance from others and try to avoid the class lines as much as possible. As well, please remember to follow our stopping and parking rules.
- If you are picking up a child from the Y, please note that you will still need to go to their regular pick up door. You will not be able to access the Y program through the school building.
- We would ask you to please be patient and courteous with our volunteers throughout the process, and thank you for your support!
Catholic School Council Meeting
- Our next meeting will be on Monday, December 6 at 6:30 pm. We will meet virtually through Teams. If you would like to see an item on the agenda, or attend the meeting, please email Mrs. Dore-Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, December 1 at 4 pm.
- We are preparing to celebrate Advent as a school community! We are looking forward to the return of the Dove Tree, our Advent Liturgy, and Joy Week! Please watch for updates over the next few weeks as we wait in joyful hope for the coming of our Saviour.
- Please view the resources available from the Diocese of Hamilton for ways you can celebrate Advent as a family: https://hamiltondiocese.com/advent2021/
Human Rights and Equity Advisory Council – Call for Applicants
- Our HCDSB schools are committed to creating safe, inclusive and welcoming learning environments that support student achievement and well-being in our Catholic schools. Human Rights and Equity are guiding values that are consistent both with Catholic Social Teaching, reaffirming the dignity of every individual, as well as the Ontario Human Rights Code, which safeguards students and staff from discrimination based on the protected grounds.
- The Board’s Equity and Inclusive Education Steering Committee is in the process of forming a Human Rights and Equity Advisory Council (HREAC) to engage community stakeholders including parents, students and community organizations.
- The purpose of the HREAC is to assist in identifying community needs and to provide advice and guidance on addressing systemic barriers and supporting historically underserved members of the 2SLGBTQ+, racialized and Black communities in the HCDSB.
- Parents/guardians and students in Grades 7-12 interested in serving on the HREAC are invited to submit an application online through the HREAC Membership Application Form by December 31st.
- We know that families may be eager to travel and visit family. While we certainly understand, please note that you will need to complete an Extended Absence Form (available from the office) and that any absence longer than 15 consecutive days may result in your child being demitted from our register and having to re-enroll upon your return.
- Families should also consider any quarantine requirements when planning for their children to be absent from school.
- While educators are happy to help support student learning, please note that they are not required to provide your child with work for the length of the absence.
Dec 1 all day
Dec 2 @ 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Our Catholic School Council will be hosting a Poinsettia Sale to raise funds for the school. What a great way to celebrate the Advent season with these beautiful poinsettias which are available in 6, 8, and 10 inch sizes and in different colours!
- Orders are due by 3 pm on Friday, November 12. Payment can be made through SchoolCashOnline. If you have trouble placing your order through SchoolCashOnline, please contact the office.
- Plants will be able to be picked up from school on Thursday, December 2. We will share more information about the exact location, times, and procedures closer to December 2.
Dec 6 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
To participate in our virtual Catholic School Council meeting, please email Mrs. Dore-Anderson for the link.