Daily School Screening
- Thank you for your continued diligence in completing the COVID-19 school screening for each child every day.
- Please note that even when you don’t need to send us the results, you still need to complete the screening every day before your child comes to school. Completing the screening, wearing masks, maintaining proper hand hygiene, and distancing are all ways we can help to keep the children in our care and our community safe.
- Thank you for attending our Virtual Open House this week. We hope that we answered your questions and helped you to understand what learning will look like for your child this year.
- If you missed the opening presentation, you can review the slides below at your convenience. If you weren’t able to attend the classroom sessions, please speak to your child’s teacher.
Catholic School Council Meeting Monday
- Our first meeting will be on Monday, October 4 at 6:30 pm. We will meet virtually through Teams.
Thanksgiving Liturgy Thursday
- Our Grade 5 students will lead us in our Thanksgiving Liturgy virtually on Thursday, October 7 at 10:45 am. If you would like the link to attend, please contact the office and we will send you the link on Thursday morning.
No School Friday or Next Monday
- Friday, October 8 is a PA day so there will be no school for students. Staff will be celebrating our Faith Day together.
- Monday, October 11 is Thanksgiving so the school will be closed for the holiday.
- We will look forward to seeing students back at school on Tuesday, October 12.
Lunch Supervisor – Hiring
- We are looking for lunch supervisors to support our staff and look after our students daily over the lunch hour (11:50 am -12:50 pm). Candidates need experience with children and a vulnerable sector police check to apply. Please contact the office if you are interested in applying.
Family Consent Forms
- Thank you to everyone who was able to complete their family consent forms. If you have not yet done so, please read the directions below and complete them as soon as possible. It is important we have accurate and up-to-date information for your children here at the school.
- Open your internet browser (e.g. Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome)
- Type https://lf.hcdsb.org/Forms/parent_consents
- Enter your child’s preferred name and Ontario Education Number (OEN). The OEN can be found on a recent report card.
- For those who are not able to submit, confirm you are entering your child’s preferred name, not legal name. Often, the preferred name is the short form of a longer legal name (e.g., Julia as opposed to Juliana).
- If your child’s name contains special characters (e.g., ë), you might also experience submission errors.
- If you are still having difficulty, send an email to email@example.com.
Save the Date for School Pictures!
- We have booked school pictures for Wednesday, October 20! Our photographer will follow our public health protocols to help keep our students safe.
Oct 4 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
To participate in our virtual Catholic School Council meeting, please email Mrs. Dore-Anderson for the link.
Oct 7 @ 10:45 am – 11:15 am
Oct 14 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm