Extension of Stay-at-Home Order
- On May 13, the Government of Ontario announced the extension of the stay-at-home order until June 2. At this time, students will continue learning online, and we thank you for all of your efforts to make this work for your family.
- Please continue to keep yourselves and our community safe by following the public health guidelines about hand hygiene, masking, distancing, and not gathering with people outside of your household.
OLP Places Second in the Halton Down Syndrome Association World Down Syndrome Day Contest!
- With the help and guidance of Mrs. Chandler and Mrs. Marinic, our Grade 4 students made a wonderful video and came in second place in the Halton Down Syndrome Association World Down Syndrome Day Contest!
- We are reposting a new link to view the video here since we heard that the link we shared last week didn’t work for some people. We hope you get to view it and enjoy it this week!
School Climate Student Survey
- In an ongoing effort to promote safe, inclusive, and accepting schools, HCDSB will be administering an online School Climate Survey for students in Grades 4-12 beginning the week of May 10th, 2021.
- The School Climate Student Survey asks students for their opinion on key areas that research has shown to be important in understanding school climate, and that have an impact on student outcomes – with a focus on safety, inclusion, and relationships.
- Some important notes about the survey:
- The survey is voluntary, and will take place during the school day. Educators will share the link with their students.
- Students may choose not to respond to a question, to skip any question they don’t want to answer, or to stop taking the survey at any time, without any negative consequences.
- The survey is anonymous and confidential. Student names will not be collected, and their responses will be securely stored by HCDSB Research and Development Services staff.
- Results of this survey will be reported at the school level and individual respondents will not be identified.
- This survey has been developed and tested by HCDSB’s Research and Development Services staff, in collaboration with other HCDSB staff members.
- For more information about the School Climate Student Survey, please read the FAQ.
OLP’s Got Talent Virtual Edition!
- We would like to extend an invitation to any and all students interested in sharing their talents in our SECOND Virtual Talent Show! We cannot wait to be amazed by your talents! Please see the announcement for more details and for criteria on the school’s website here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/2021/04/olps-got-talent-virtual-talent-show/
- Submissions are due by Tuesday, May 25 at 4 pm.
Catholic School Council Meeting May 31
- Our next Catholic School Council Meeting will be on Monday, May 31 at 6:30 pm, and it will be conducted virtually. If you would like to submit agenda items, or would like to attend the meeting please email Mrs. Dore-Anderson at email@example.com by 4 pm on Tuesday, May 25.
Summer Learning Opportunities
- Students in JK – Grade 8 may enroll in the online International and Indigenous Language Program to learn a new language during the summer. The deadline for registration is June 18, and more information and the registration links can be found here: https://merton.hcdsb.org/youth-programs/international-languages/.
- Grade 8 students may also register for an International Languages credit course for September. The registration deadline is September 13, and registration is through myBlueprint. The list of available courses is available at the link here: https://merton.hcdsb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Poster-2021-2022-International-Languages.pdf
- Students in Grades 6-8 may enroll in online Summer Literacy and Numeracy Programs designed to support them in their transition to the next grade. The deadline for registration is June 24, and more information along with the links to register can be found on the Thomas Merton website here: https://merton.hcdsb.org/youth-programs/summer-literacy-and-numeracy/
- Students in Grade 8 may also register for the Reach Ahead program where they can earn a Grade 9 credit in English or Science. The deadline for registration is June 24, and more information about how to register can be found in the flyer below.
Planning for Next Year – Moving?
- If your child will not be returning to OLP next year, please let us know as soon as possible. This information will help us to prepare our classes for next year.
- You can let us know by emailing Mrs. Lupton at firstname.lastname@example.org or leaving a message on the school’s answering machine.
May 25 all day
For more information, including how to submit and entry, please see the school website: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/2021/04/olps-got-talent-virtual-talent-show/
May 27 all day
Today is the LAST DAY to order your grad gear!
May 31 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Jun 1 all day
Jun 11 all day