Extension of Online Learning
- As our Director, Pat Daly, shared in his January 21 email, our students will continue to learn online for the immediate future and will not be returning to the school building on Monday. The school and the school board will continue to keep you updated on any new announcements about returning to school.
- Please continue to use SchoolMessenger to report your child’s absence, and either call the school and leave a message, or email Mrs. Lupton at firstname.lastname@example.org if your child has been marked absent by mistake.
- Thank you again for all of the support you are giving your children and their educators during this time. We know that it can be difficult to balance work, school, and family time, and we appreciate how flexible and creative you are being. You may find it helpful to review the Role of Parents and Guardians in Virtual Learning document for more strategies to support your child in becoming more independent in this learning environment.
Keeping Our Community Safe
- While we are learning from home, we encourage all members of our school community to follow the directions in the stay-at-home order and the guidance from public health. Limiting contacts and unnecessary trips, as well as remembering to practice mask wearing, proper hand hygiene, and distancing, will help to keep our community safe and hopefully get us back in the building on schedule.
Online Kindergarten Registration for 2021-2022
- If you have a child who will be starting Kindergarten in September, the first part of advanced registration is now open and available online!
- For more information, please see our school website here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/2021/01/update-advanced-kindergarten-registration/
- We are looking for a lunch supervisor to support our staff and look after our students daily over the lunch hour (11:50 am -12:50 pm). Candidates need experience with children and a vulnerable sector police check to apply. Please contact the office if you are interested in applying.
On Friday students are asked to wear red and donate $2 to support the United Way! Families are asked to donate through SchoolCashOnline or to make a donation directly to the United Way between February 8 and February 15 rather than send cash to school. Thank you in advance for your generous support!
Use the link below to preview the online Scholastic Book Fair, and to order items between February 15 and 26!