- We appreciated your patience as we adapted our interview process to suit our new circumstances, and we hope that you enjoyed speaking with your children’s educators about their learning this year. Please know that we are always happy to speak to you about your child’s learning and well-being – we don’t need to wait for the next report card!
Spirit Wear Design and Keeping Christ in Christmas Contests Both Close Monday
- We are looking for fantastic designs for this year’s spirit wear logo! Designs will be accepted until the end of the day on Monday, November 30. Designs need to be submitted to the folder outside Mrs. Connor’s room. If a student working online would like to submit a design, submissions can be made digitally to Mrs. Dore-Anderson at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing your amazing designs!
- The HCDSB’s Keeping Christ in Christmas Contest deadline has also been extended to November 30. For more information, please see our website here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/2020/10/keeping-christ-in-christmas-student-contest-3/
Change to Learning Environment Form Opens Monday
- The school board will be sending all families an email with the link to for where you can request a change to your child’s learning environment – either from face-to-face to online learning or vice versa – on Monday.
- More information about how long the link will be open and the start date for the new placement will be available shortly.
ISW Black Friday Sale
- Please see the attached flyer with more information about the ISW school uniform sale that begins on Friday, November 27.
Advent Liturgy Tuesday
- Our Grade 7 students will be leading us in our virtual Advent Liturgy on Tuesday at 10:45 am. If you are interested in praying with us, please contact the office by emailing Mrs. Lupton at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 am on Tuesday and we will send you the Teams link to the liturgy.
Be a Part of OLP’s Digital Christmas Card!
- Students and families are invited to submit short Christmas greetings, prayers, pictures, and artwork to be part of the first ever OLP digital Christmas card! For more information about criteria, privacy, and how to submit, please see the attached letter.
- Submissions will be accepted until Friday, December 4.
OLP Christmas Baking Day!
- We are looking forward to baking together virtually on Saturday, December 5 from 1-3 pm! This will be a wonderful opportunity for us to spend some time together as a community during the Christmas season.
- Please see the attached flyer for more information, and use the link here to register.
Catholic School Council Meeting
- Our next Catholic School Council Meeting will be on Monday, December 7 at 6:30 pm, and it will be conducted virtually. If you would like to submit agenda items, or would like to attend the meeting please email Mrs. Dore-Anderson at email@example.com by 4 pm on Friday, December 4.
Keeping Our Community Safe
- As you may know, Halton Region is in the Red Level (Control) of the Provincial COVID-19 Response Framework. It is strongly recommended that residents in the red control zone limit trips outside of their home:
- Stay home, except for essential purposes such as going to work or school, buying essentials such as groceries, and attending medical appointments.
- Maintain a physical distance of two metres (six feet) from those outside their household. Those that live alone may join one designated household.
- Avoid all social gatherings such as play dates, birthday parties, and dinner parties with friends or family.
Checking for Signs & Symptoms of COVID-19
- Please continue to check for symptoms of COVID-19 in your children, and remember to conduct a self-assessment for each child every day before sending your children to school: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/.
- NEW! Halton Region Public Health is now asking students to conduct a daily self-assessment EVERY day, even on weekends. Please follow the instructions on the school screening tool.
COVID-19 Test Results
- If your child has been tested for COVID-19, they must stay home and self-isolate until the test results are received. Please do NOT send your children to school while you are awaiting their test results.
- If any member of your immediate family tests positive for COVID-19, all members of the family must stay home and self-isolate, even if they have no symptoms.
Change in Contact Details
- If there have been any recent changes to your contact information, please update your contact information with the school office.
- Up-to-date contact information is important if your child becomes ill at school and needs to be picked up, or in the case that COVID-19 contact tracing needs to occur.
- Even though some of our school activities are suspended at the moment, and we understand that families may have unexpected expenses right now, we would still appreciate your support in raising funds for items such as new equipment to help us with physically-distanced fitness activities and purchasing additional technology to support our students’ learning.
- Luckily for us, our fabulous Catholic School Council has been thinking about this and has arranged for us to be part of a Fundscrip fundraising opportunity! You can complete some of your Christmas shopping by buying gift cards and the school will get a portion of the proceeds. With over 250 vendors to choose from, we hope that you will find something for everyone on your list.
- Please see the attached flyer for more details, and thank you in advance for your support!
Lockers and Indoor Shoes
- Our staff and students have worked hard this week to learn the new routines for using our lockers this year. Our students in Grades 1-8 have been following the public health guidelines below:
- Students will only be allowed to store outdoor clothing or indoor shoes in their lockers. No other personal belongings, such as backpacks, lunches, books, etc. will be stored in lockers.
- No students will be allowed to use locks on their lockers this year.
- Students will each have their own lockers. This includes our students in our extended French program who will have individual lockers for both Mme DePol’s and Mrs. Smith’s classes.
- Spaces between classes have been included during locker allocation to keep them separate.
- Students will wear masks when they are at their lockers.
- Staff will work on establishing routines for each class that meet the protocols and will be practicing them with students over the coming weeks.
- All of these guidelines will be followed to minimize the time students spend in the hallways.
- If you have not done so yet, we would ask you to please send a pair of indoor shoes to school for your child to wear that would be suitable for both classroom and gym use.
- As well, please ensure that your child has extra masks to change during the day as needed. Due to the colder weather we are finding that masks are getting damp and need to be changed more frequently.
Designs for this year’s spirit wear will be accepted until the end of the day on Monday, November 30. Designs need to be submitted to the folder outside Mrs. Connor’s room. If a student working online would like to submit a design, submissions can be made digitally to Mrs. Dore-Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students and families are invited to submit short Christmas greetings, prayers, pictures, and artwork to be part of the first ever OLP digital Christmas card! For more information about criteria, privacy, and how to submit, please see the attached letter.
Looking for something else to do on Saturday? Think you’ll be too tired to cook? Domino’s is offering a special deal to our OLP families all day!
Order online for delivery or take away, and you can get a special deal of 2 medium-sized (12”) pizzas with 6 toppings combined and a side order of cheesy bread for just $20 + tax. Use the coupon code olp20 when ordering and a portion of the cost will go back to the school.
For more information about the Domino’s offer and how to order, please see the attached flyer.
If you would like to change your child’s learning environment from face-to-face learning to online or from online back to face-to-face learning, please complete the form by 11:59 pm tonight.
More information about the change and the link to the form can be found on our website here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/2020/11/change-to-learning-environment-request-form-now-open/