Interviews – Book by Monday
- Monday, November 23 is the last day to book 10-minute interview times for Thursday, November 26 (4-8:30 pm) or Friday, November 27 (8:30 am – noon).
- Information on how to book using our new online system was sent in an email on Friday, November 13, and can be obtained by contacting your child’s teacher or the school office.
Reports Home via Email Tuesday
- Progress Report Cards for your children in Grades 1 to 8, and the Initial Communication of Learning for children in Kindergarten, will be sent home via email on Tuesday. You will need your child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN) to access the report card.
- The OEN can be found on a previous report card or obtained by contacting the school office.
PA Day Friday – No School
- Please remember that there will be no school for students on Friday to facilitate time for interviews. We will look forward to seeing students back at school on Monday, November 30.
Keeping Our Community Safe
- Please remember to do the following daily:
- monitor your children for symptoms of COVID-19 and keep them home from school when they do not feel well
- complete the daily screening tool each day before sending your children to school: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
- wear a mask and ensure physical distancing is in place when picking up or dropping off your children
- As well, please ensure that your child has extra masks to change during the day as needed. Due to the change in the weather we are finding that masks are getting damp and need to be changed more frequently.
- Please remember that the Kindergarten yard is off limits both during and outside of school hours both for safety reasons and to minimize congregating.
Lockers and Indoor Shoes
- We have continued to follow the direction of Halton Public Health in updating our routines and procedures to keep everyone safe while at school. With the change in the weather, they have given us some direction on how we might begin to use our lockers while following our protocols. Our staff is in the process of allocating lockers and organizing new routines, and we will provide more information as we proceed. For the moment, please note the following for locker use for our students in Grades 1-8:
- Students will only be allowed to store outdoor clothing or indoor shoes in their lockers. No other personal belongings, such as backpacks, lunches, books, etc. will be stored in lockers.
- No students will be allowed to use locks on their lockers this year.
- Students will each have their own lockers. This includes our students in our extended French program who will have individual lockers for both Mme DePol’s and Mrs. Smith’s classes.
- Spaces between classes have been included during locker allocation to keep them separate.
- Students will wear masks when they are at their lockers.
- Staff will work on establishing routines for each class that meet the protocols and will be practicing them with students over the coming weeks.
- All of these guidelines will be followed to minimize the time students spend in the hallways.
- Now that we will be starting to use lockers, we would ask you to please send a pair of indoor shoes to school for your child to wear that would be suitable for both classroom and gym use.
Spirit Wear Design Contest
- We are looking for fantastic designs for this year’s spirit wear logo! Designs will be accepted until the end of the day on Monday, November 30. Designs need to be submitted to the folder outside Mrs. Connor’s room. If a student working online would like to submit a design, submissions can be made digitally to Mrs. Dore-Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing your amazing designs!
Be a Part of OLP’s Digital Christmas Card!
- Students and families are invited to submit short Christmas greetings, prayers, pictures, and artwork to be part of the first ever OLP digital Christmas card! For more information about criteria, privacy, and how to submit, please see the attached letter.
- Submissions will be accepted until Friday, December 4.
OLP Christmas Baking Day!
- We are looking forward to baking together virtually on Saturday, December 5 from 1-3 pm! This will be a wonderful opportunity for us to spend some time together as a community during the Christmas season.
- Please see the attached flier for more information, and use the link here to register.
Designs for this year’s spirit wear will be accepted until the end of the day on Monday, November 30. Designs need to be submitted to the folder outside Mrs. Connor’s room. If a student working online would like to submit a design, submissions can be made digitally to Mrs. Dore-Anderson at email@example.com.
Students and families are invited to submit short Christmas greetings, prayers, pictures, and artwork to be part of the first ever OLP digital Christmas card! For more information about criteria, privacy, and how to submit, please see the attached letter.