Booking Interviews – Link Open
- In keeping with the reporting procedures for the Halton Catholic District School Board, you will be receiving the Progress Report Card for your child in Grades 1 to 8, and the Initial Communication of Learning for your child in Kindergarten, on Tuesday, November 24, 2020 via email. We are now organizing our annual interviews for the parents/guardians of all students from Kindergarten to Grade 8.
- This year’s interviews will be held on Thursday, November 26 from 4 pm to 8:30 pm and Friday, November 27 from 8:30 am to noon. Interviews will be 10 minutes in length and will be conducted virtually.
- To reduce paper and to make the process easier for families, we are trying a new way of booking interviews online this year. For more information, please see the instructions in the letter shared through email on Friday, November 13.
- You will notice that Mrs. Romanowicz’s name is missing from the appointment list. We are sorry to be losing her from our school community but we wish her every happiness and blessing as she begins a well-deserved retirement. Next week will be her last week at OLP, so please join us in wishing her all the best.
Bullying Awareness and Prevention Week
- The third week in November is the designated Bullying Awareness and Prevention Week in Ontario.
- From November 16-20, 2020, the Halton Catholic District School Board will join school boards around the province in enhancing awareness and understanding about bullying, and the factors that contribute to safe, caring and inclusive schools.
- This week, and every week, we work to ensure that our school is safe and welcoming for all, cultivating a positive sense of belonging and well-being.
- One of the ways we will mark the week is by wearing purple on Friday to show solidarity with Halton Women’s Place. Students wearing something purple do not have to be in uniform on Friday.
Catholic School Council Meeting Monday
- Our Catholic School Council is meeting virtually Monday night at 6:30 pm. If you would like to attend, please contact Mrs. Dore-Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org for the meeting link. Watch for upcoming community events after our council meets!
Registration for Optional French Programs Closes Friday
- Registration for the lottery for places in the HCDSB optional French Programs opened on Monday, November 9. Parents and guardians of students currently in Grade 4 can apply to register their children for the Grade 5 Extended French Program we host right here at OLP!
- There is also a French Immersion program available to children entering Grade 1 in 2021-2022. That program is currently offered at St. Mary Catholic Elementary School.
- For more information about these programs, and for the registration link for the lottery for program entry, please see the board website here: https://www.hcdsb.org/Programs/french/Pages/default.aspx
- The deadline for registering is Friday, November 20.
- We are grateful to our school community for your care and support over the past week as we experienced a positive COVID-19 case in our school. Please know that we will continue to follow our school and board reopening plans, and the ongoing advice of public health, to make our school as safe as possible for our students and staff and their families.
- Please remember to do the following daily:
- monitor your children for symptoms of COVID-19 and keep them home from school when they do not feel well
- complete the daily screening tool each day before sending your children to school: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
- wear a mask and ensure physical distancing is in place when picking up or dropping off your children
- You can also help us all by reminding your children of the importance of following public health guidelines in the community even when they are not at school.
- Thank you for your ongoing support as we work together to keep our community safe.
Parents and guardians of students entering Grade 1 in 2021-2022 have the option of entering their child in a French Immersion Program, and for students entering Grade 5, the Extended French program (currently offered at Our Lady of Peace). For information about these programs, and to enter the lottery, please see the information on the board website and the school website.