- We are grateful to our school community for your care and support over the past week as we experienced the first positive COVID-19 cases in our school. Please know that we will continue to follow our school and board reopening plans, and the ongoing advice of public health, to make our school as safe as possible for our students and staff and their families.
- You can continue to support us by:
- monitoring your children for symptoms of COVID-19 and keeping them home from school when they do not feel well
- completing the daily screening tool each day before sending your children to school: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
- wearing a mask and ensuring physical distancing is in place when picking up or dropping off your children
- You can also help by reminding your children of the importance of following public health guidelines in the community even when they are not at school.
- Thank you for your ongoing support, and together we will work to keep our community safe.
Virtual Open House Welcome Session
- We were thrilled that so many people attended our Virtual Open House on Wednesday night. Thank you for taking the time to find out more about what the learning looks like at OLP this year.
- If you missed the Welcome Session, Mrs. Dore-Anderson has recorded her slide notes and shared them through the link on our website here: OLP Virtual Open House Welcome Session
- Please remember that you are welcome to contact your children’s educators with any additional questions about their learning.
Trick or Treating in Halton
- Halton Public Health has released guidelines about trick or treating, and we would encourage you to follow them carefully to help keep your family and community safe. The latest set of guidelines is attached for your reference.
Time to Turn Your Clocks Back
- Remember to turn your clocks back one hour on Sunday to make sure you are on time for school on Monday!
OLP Celebrates the OCSGEs!
- This year at OLP we are working on demonstrating the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations (OCSGE). We will focus on a new OCGSE every few months, and in each classroom educators will present an award to the student who best exemplifies the expectation.
- For more information about the OCGSE, please see the Institute for Catholic Education website here: http://iceont.ca/resources/ontario-catholic-school-graduate-expectations
- Focus for September/October: A Responsible Citizen (I have responsibilities)
- Focus for November/December: A Discerning Believer (I am a believer)
Parking Lot and Road Safety
- Thank you for being patient and courteous to your neighbours both in our parking lot and when traveling through the school zone. Following the posted speed limits and taking your time traveling through the parking lot helps to keep everyone safe.
Parents and guardians of students entering Grade 1 in 2021-2022 have the option of entering their child in a French Immersion Program, and for students entering Grade 5, the Extended French program (currently offered at Our Lady of Peace). For information about these programs, and to enter the lottery, please see the information on the board website and the school website.