Congratulations to our Grade 8 Graduates!
- On Monday, June 22, we will be celebrating our Grade 8 graduates with a drive-through graduation and a virtual celebration. We encourage you to join in by posting pictures and messages of congratulations in your windows so that the graduates can see them between 6 and 8:30 pm as they drive to school.
- The link to the virtual celebration will be emailed to our Grade 8 parents and guardians and shared on our website for our school community to view.
- We are very proud of these young people and how they have learned and grown during their time at OLP. We will miss, them but we know that they will be successful as they go on to high school next year!
- All Grade 8 families should have received an email confirming their time to arrive at school on Monday evening. If you are not sure about your time, please contact your child’s teacher.
Student Belongings – Pick Up and Drop Off June 23 & 24
- On Monday, June 15, you should have received a phone call from the school confirming your scheduled 10-minute time and door location on June 23 or 24 to pick up your children’s belongings and drop off any school property.
- To ensure that we that we are being as safe and efficient as possible, we will use multiple entrances and employ social distancing. We have divided up the school by student last name and will be using the following entrances for each group:
- Door 1 (Front Entrance) – ABAB-DACO
- Door 3 (Door from East (Primary) Parking Lot) – DAVS-JOHN
- Door 6 (Gym East – back of school) – KAFA-MOHE
- Door 8 (Gym West – back of school) – MOLD-TAMA
- Door 12 (Door between Y and Kindergarten yards – West Parking Lot) – TAYL-ZVAN
- If you have questions about your appointment time or location, please contact Mrs. Lupton at email@example.com. Please note that we will not be able to reschedule appointments, and that it is important that you be on time and at the right entrance for your pick up/drop off. If you are unable to pick up your child(ren)’s belongings, please let the office know.
- For more information, and to review the social distancing guidelines, please see the attachment below, and contact Mrs. Dore-Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Update from St. Michael
- We are once again able to celebrate Mass at St. Michael with our parish community! For the updated Mass schedule, and more information about how to register to attend a particular Mass, please see the church website here: https://www.stmichael-oakville.org/
OLP Catholic School Council Newsletter
- Thank you to our 2019-2020 Catholic School Council for all of their hard work in supporting the OLP community this year. We are a better and more well-rounded school community for their dedication, advocacy, and support. Please see their newsletter, and considering joining them in September!
Happy Father’s Day!
We wish all fathers and grandfathers, and those who are acting as fathers and grandfathers, in our school community a very Happy Father’s Day this Sunday!
Donate Your Empty Bottles to Food4Kids Halton!
- Food4Kids Halton is a not-for-profit organization that provides healthy food packages for at-risk children who have limited access to food.
- From June 22 to July 9th, Food4Kids Halton will be available to collect empty bottles from families in our community. If you have empty bottles (wine, beer, coolers, liquor bottles or cans) Food4Kids Halton will take them!
- For more information and to find out ways to donate, please visit: https://www.food4kidshalton.ca/
Summer Learning for Students in Grades 6, 7 and 8 – Waiting List Open
- The Halton Catholic District School Board’s Thomas Merton Centre for Continuing Education is pleased to be offering Literacy and Math Summer Programs for Grades 6, 7, and 8 students from July 6 – July 17, 2020 (Session 1) and July 20 – July 31, 2020 (Session 2).
- Due to demand, the program is currently closed but students may still apply to be on the waiting list here: https://merton.hcdsb.org/youth-programs/summer-literacy-numeracy/
- The completed online form to register your child is due by Friday, June 26, 2020
Reach Ahead Credits Available for Grade 8 Students
- Grade 8 students registered at an HCDSB secondary school for September 2020 may earn Grade 9 credits online during the summer.
- To apply, please see the information at the link here: https://merton.hcdsb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Reach-Ahead-HCDSB-SUMMER-SCHOOL-INFORMATION.pdf
- The deadline for registration is Wednesday, June 24 at 4 pm
Courtesy Seat Requests for Buses for September 2020
- Families with children who take the bus to school are advised that the application process for receiving courtesy seats on school buses will be delayed for the 2020-21 school year. Due to physical distancing measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19, it may not be possible to grant courtesy seats or the process may be delayed for next school year.
- Parents and guardians can continue to submit a Courtesy Seat Application, and will be notified via email once a decision on this process has been made.
- Please note that there is no guarantee that a courtesy seat will be offered if you submit an application, or if your child had a courtesy seat in the past. Visit the Halton Student Transportation Services website for more information: www.haltonbus.ca