Grade 8 Ottawa Trip Refunds
- Families of Grade 8 students who had been planning to attend the Ottawa Trip in March should have received their refund cheques in the mail this week. If you haven’t received it by the end of next week, please let Mrs. Dore-Anderson know at email@example.com.
- Parents and guardians also had some secret graduation homework that needs to be completed by 4 pm on Monday, June 1. Please check with Mrs. Kozak or Mr. Miljan if you need help with the assignment!
OLP Yearbook 2019-2020
- We are asking for additional photos from the 2019-2020 school year – from both in-school events like Joy Day and from homes during distance learning – for our yearbook.
- We are also inviting interested students to submit yearbook cover designs.
- More details about criteria and how to submit both photos and covers can be found on the school website here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/2020/05/olp-2019-2020-yearbook/
- All submissions are due by 4 pm on Friday, June 5.
- Yearbooks will be available to order through SchoolCashOnline on Monday morning. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept cheques or cash due to the school closure. We anticipate that the yearbooks may arrive a little later in September this year than they usually do, but we will still look forward to seeing the results!
OLP’s Got Talent: Virtual Edition!
- Any and all students interested in sharing their talents in our first ever OLP’s Got Talent: Virtual Edition! talent show are invited to submit their video acts. We can’t wait to see your talents!
- Information about criteria for the acts, how to submit, and how the talent show will be shared is available on the school website here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/2020/05/olps-got-talent-virtual-edition/
- All videos must be submitted by 4 pm on Friday, June 5.
Update on School Uniforms
- Due to the school closure, we will not be able to run our June uniform exchange and sale this year. We will continue to follow the direction of public health and will hope to be able to run the sale near the start of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Our school uniform supplier, ISW, has shared some information about how they will be adapting to better serve you during the closures. Beginning in June, they will be:
- Updating their online services to include a feature to assist new families with sizing and first-time orders.
- Offering virtual appointments to families to assist with ordering.
- Providing live chat on the website to ensure families are receiving instant answers while shopping online.
- Fitting sessions will be available to new families by appointment only.
- Extending store hours to accommodate fitting appointments for new students
- We have attached the ordering form, which includes the school code, more information about how to order online, and the flier for their June sale for your reference below:
Ministry of Education Consultation
The Ministry of Education has shared a document called Ontario’s Framework for Continued Learning which describes its framework for preparing for learning in the 2020-2021 school year. It is inviting people to share their feedback through written submissions as described below:
- You can provide a written submission with your input, ideas or data by sending an email to EDU.firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to:
- include your name and the name of your organization
- use “Ontario’s Plan to Reopen Schools” in the subject line
- attach your submission as a PDF or Word document
- Thanks to everyone who is participating in our Walk the World With Me Challenge hosted by Special Olympics Canada!
- All you have to do to participate is record the length of your walk on the website here: https://walktheworldwithme.com/campaign/our-lady-of-peace/?updated=1
- The rest of the week’s clubs are in the file below. Have fun!