Prayer Leaders: Mr. Barber’s Grade 7s
Term 1 Reports Kindergarten – Grade 8 Home Wednesday
- All students from Kindergarten to Grade 8 will be receiving their Term 1 Report Cards on Wednesday. The report card provides a great opportunity to celebrate what your child has learned and to help him or her set goals for the next term. Please watch for an email from the school board about how reports will be affected by the labour negotiations this term.
Labour Negotiations Update
- Our school will be CLOSED to students on Friday, February 21, 2020 as a result of the recent announcement by OECTA of a province-wide, one-day full withdrawal of services. While schools are closed, offices remain open. Please note that there may be picket lines present at our school location, which may impact traffic flow and cause potential minor delays in our school parking lot. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. For more information, please visit the Halton Catholic District School Board’s website: Labour Negotiations Update.
OLP Catholic School Council Movie Day!
- Our OLP Catholic School Council invites you to a community movie day on Saturday, March 7! “Onward” and “Call of the Wild” will be screening in two theatres at Film.ca at 171 Speers Road at 10 am. Tickets and popcorn and drink combos are $8 each and are available through SchoolCashOnline or through a cheque made out to the school. No physical tickets will be issued but your purchase will be checked at your entry to the theatre which will be open at 9:30 am. Please note that this is a caregiver-supervised event. Hope to see you there!
Regular Attendance and Illnesses
- While we encourage regular school attendance for all our students, it is important to remember to keep sick children at home to help them heal quickly and to prevent the spread of illness throughout the classroom and school. We have students in our school whose health and well-being can be seriously affected by even a mild illness or infection. Extra care, caution, and compassion on your part will help keep everyone healthy.
Parking Lot Safety
Student safety when coming to school and going back home is very important to us! Please review the safety tips and school regulations below to help keep everyone safe:
- All students in the school are dismissed at the end of the day through the back doors. Kindergarten students use their own exits. Please give the teachers space to have the students exit the school in an orderly fashion.
- If you drive to or from the school, please remember: be patient and courteous; do not block the main road thoroughfares; drive slowly and be vigilant for pedestrians/children.
- Encourage your children to use crosswalks and walkways.
- Do not use the driveway in front of the school during the morning arrival or after school dismissal.
- If you must drive your child to school, please follow the traffic flow rules in place at the east and west sides of the school. Stop or park only in designated spaces and not in the kiss and ride or along the fence.
Subscribe to Our Online Calendar
- Want to see what’s coming up? Subscribe to our online calendar here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/calendar/
As you may know, we are anticipating that the school might be closed on Tuesday, February 25 as a result of the ongoing labour negotiations. Consequently, we will be rescheduling our pancake celebration until after Easter. We would like to thank in advance the Catholic School Council members and volunteers who will give so generously of their time and talents to make the occasion special, and we will look forward to pancakes in April!