Prayer Leaders: Mrs. DeFazio’s Grade 7s
First Day for Term 2 Pizza
- Wednesday will be our first day for our Term 2 pizza order.
Code of Conduct Assemblies
- Over the past two weeks, students in all divisions attended brief “Code of Conduct” assemblies to reivew our Catholic school community expectations. At OLP we speak about the expectations in terms of how we demonstrate respect for ourselves, for others, for our school building, and for our broader community, and about how we can live our lives to show how we live out our Gospel values. The Code of Conduct is outlined in the front of each student’s agenda and on the school website here for your reference: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/code-of-conduct/
Mardi Gras/Pancake Tuesday Volunteers
- OLP is looking forward to celebrating Mardi Gras with pancakes on Tuesday, February 25! If you have your vulnerable sector screening (police) check, and would like to volunteer with members of our Catholic School Council from 8:15 until noon on that day, please let the office know at (905) 257-2791. Volunteer spots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Voluntary Hearing and Vision Screening Thursday
- The School Screening Association will be conducting hearing and vision screening here at OLP on Thursday. Forms should be returned to your child’s teacher. For more information, please contact the school office.
No school Friday or Monday
- Students will not attend school on Friday, February 14 due to the scheduled board PA Day, or on Monday, February 17 as it is the Family Day holiday. We hope that everyone has time to enjoy family and friends on the long weekend, and we look forward to welcoming students back to school on Tuesday, February 18.
Regular Attendance and Illnesses
- While we encourage regular school attendance for all our students, it is important to remember to keep sick children at home to help them heal quickly and to prevent the spread of illness throughout the classroom and school. We have students in our school whose health and well-being can be seriously affected by even a mild illness or infection. Extra care, caution, and compassion on your part will help keep everyone healthy.
Parking Lot Safety
Student safety when coming to school and going back home is very important to us! Please review the safety tips and school regulations below to help keep everyone safe:
- All students in the school are dismissed at the end of the day through the back doors. Kindergarten students use their own exits. Please give the teachers space to have the students exit the school in an orderly fashion.
- If you drive to or from the school, please remember: be patient and courteous; do not block the main road thoroughfares; drive slowly and be vigilant for pedestrians/children.
- Encourage your children to use crosswalks and walkways.
- Do not use the driveway in front of the school during the morning arrival or after school dismissal.
- If you must drive your child to school, please follow the traffic flow rules in place at the east and west sides of the school. Stop or park only in designated spaces and not in the kiss and ride or along the fence.
OLP Embodies the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations!
- This year at OLP we are working on demonstrating the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations (OCSGE). In addition to our monthly Attitude of Gratitude awards, we will focus on a new OCGSE every few months, and in each classroom educators will present an award to the student who best exemplifies the expectation.
- For more information about the OCGSE, please see the Institute for Catholic Education website here: http://iceont.ca/resources/ontario-catholic-school-graduate-expectations
Focus for February/March: A Reflective, Creative, and Holistic Thinker (I have ideas)
Subscribe to Our Online Calendar
- Want to see what’s coming up? Subscribe to our online calendar here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/calendar/