Prayer Leaders: Junior & Intermediate Students En Francais
Happy Father’s Day!
- We wish all those celebrating Father’s Day a wonderful, restful weekend with family and friends.
OLP Summer Food Drive – Thank you!
- Thank you for your generous donations to our summer food drive for Food4Kids! Children and families will have a better summer thanks to your support.
2018-2019 Yearbook Orders
- Tuesday is the last day for 2018-2019 yearbook orders. If you need a form, please see the attachment here:OLP Yearbook Order Form 2018-2019
- Over the next few weeks we will be holding our fire and lockdown drills to practice our emergency procedures for this school term.
Uniform Exchange and Sale
- Our June Uniform Exchange and Sale will take place on Wednesday, June 19 from 5:30-7:30 pm in our school gym. For more information and the price list, please see our website here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/2019/05/olp-uniform-exchange-and-sale/
- Want to keep those new uniform items from ending up in the lost and found? Mabel’s Labels can help, and a percentage of the proceeds go back to OLP. See their website and search “Our Lady of Peace Catholic Elementary School (Oakville)”: https://mabelslabels.ca/en_CA/fundraising/support/
Red & White Day Thursday
- On Thursday students are invited to wear red and white to school to show their spirit and to celebrate Canadian participation in the FIFA Women’s World Cup.
- We are blessed to have so many wonderful volunteers here at OLP and we look forward to celebrating with them between 2 and 3:30 pm on Friday afternoon.
Last Week of Lunch and Milk Programs
- Please note that the last day of our lunch and milk programs is Friday, June 21. We will not have pizza, Lunchbox orders, or milk for the final week of school.
Dressing Appropriately for the Weather and for School – Non-Uniform Days
- It is hard to believe, but we might actually have some sunny weather to enjoy! Please remember that we will be outside for recesses and lunch hours as much as possible, so help your child enjoy the play time by ensuring they have hats and sunglasses and are wearing sunscreen as the weather requires.
- We will not require students to wear uniforms to school after Wednesday, June 19. We will have some spirit days to celebrate the end of school and the start of summer. Please remember that all clothing should be comfortable for active play and appropriate for school.
- St. Michael’s Sports and Virtues Camp for students entering Grades 4-8 in September still has spaces available!
- The parish community will be celebrating the Feast of Corpus Christi on June 23 with a procession after the 11 am Mass!
- For more information about these and other parish events, please see their website: https://www.stmichael-oakville.org/bulletin
Strategic Plan Survey
- Parents and guardians are invited to give feedback on the implementation of the school board’s strategic plan by completing a survey. The survey is open until midnight on June 24. For more information and the survey link, please see our school’s website: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/2019/06/let-us-know-what-you-think/
Subscribe to Our Online Calendar
- Want to see what’s coming up? Subscribe to our online calendar here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/calendar/