Prayer Leaders: Mrs. Aquin and Mrs. Forrest’s Kindergarten Students
OLP Summer Food Drive
- We will be collecting food items for Food4Kids, an organization that supports students in our HCDSB schools, from June 10 until June 14. The items we are asking for from each grade are below, and more information is on our website here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/2019/06/olp-summer-food-drive-2/
- Thanks in advance for your generous support!
- Kindergarten – boxes of cereal
- Grade 1 and 2 – pancake mix
- Grade 3 and 4 – rice
- Grade 5 and 6 – jam
- Grade 7 & Grade 8 – boxes of cookies
Closing School Mass on Thursday
- Please join us for Mass at 10 am at St. Michael on Thursday morning.
- Over the next few weeks we will be holding our fire and lockdown drills to practice our emergency procedures for this school term.
Uniform Exchange and Sale – June 19
- Our June Uniform Exchange and Sale will take place on Wednesday, June 19 from 5:30-7:30 pm in our school gym. For more information and the price list, please see our website here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/2019/05/olp-uniform-exchange-and-sale/
Volunteer Celebration – Still time to RSVP!
- We are blessed to have so many wonderful volunteers here at OLP and we would like to celebrate them on Friday, June 21 at 2 pm. We would ask you to please RSVP by the end of the day on Monday if you have not yet done so. If we missed you by mistake, you are still welcome to attend! A copy of the invitation is available here:
- Volunteer Appreciation invitation 2019
OLP Embodies the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations!
- This year at OLP we are working on demonstrating the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations (OCSGE). In addition to our monthly Attitude of Gratitude awards, we will focus on a new OCGSE every few months, and in each classroom educators will present an award to the student who best exemplifies the expectation.
- For more information about the OCGSE, please see the Institute for Catholic Education website here: http://iceont.ca/resources/ontario-catholic-school-graduate-expectations
Focus for June: A Caring Family Member (I care!)
Dressing Appropriately for the Weather and for School
- It is hard to believe, but we might actually have some sunny weather to enjoy! Please remember that we will be outside for recesses and lunch hours as much as possible, so help your child enjoy the play time by ensuring they have hats and sunglasses and are wearing sunscreen as the weather requires.
Subscribe to Our Online Calendar
- Want to see what’s coming up? Subscribe to our online calendar here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/calendar/
Jun 10 @ 8:30 am – 2:00 pm