Prayer Leaders: Mrs. Mitchell’s Gr 1 Students
Thank you for joining us as OLP celebrated 25 Years of Catholic Education during Catholic Education Week!
- We were so pleased that so many of you could join us as we celebrated 25 years of Catholic Education here at OLP this week! We hope that you enjoyed the festivities and the classroom activities, and that you had opportunities to learn more about what learning in our school looks like.
- If you are interested in buying a copy of the 25th anniversary photo montage, the attached flier has ordering information for you. (Thank you to everyone who let us know about the technical glitches – the company assures us that they will be fixed by the end of the day today.)
- Our Lady of Peace Celebrating 25 years of Catholic Education 2019 v02
Grade 2 Students Celebrate First Communion
- Please pray for our students, and for their families, educators, and parish staff, as they prepare to celebrate the Sacrament of the Eucharist on Saturday, May 11 at St. Michael’s Parish at 11 am.
Happy Mother’s Day!
- We wish all those celebrating Mother’s Day a wonderful, restful weekend with family and friends.
Catholic School Council Meeting Tuesday
- Our next Catholic School Council Meeting is Tuesday, May 14 at 6:30 pm in the school library. Parents and guardians are welcome to attend.
Pizza Make Up Dates
- Students who regularly receive pizza on Wednesday will receive pizza on Monday AND Wednesday for the weeks of May 27 and June 3 to make up for the weeks they missed when school was canceled due to the weather earlier this year.
Volunteer Criminal Offence Declaration Forms – 2019-2020
- Thank you to everyone who has returned your Volunteer Criminal Offence Declaration forms. These forms ensure that you are eligible to volunteer for school events in 2019-2020 without having to get a new Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference check. If you didn’t receive one, and think you should have, please contact the office to request it.
Busing and Courtesy Seat Requests – 2019-2020
- Halton Student Transportation Services has posted busing eligibility for the 2019-2020 school year. As well, they have opened the courtesy seat request process for 2019-2020. (Courtesy seats may be available for students who are not eligible to ride the bus due to the location of their residence but may still want a seat.) For more details, and to complete an application, please see the HSTS website at https://www.haltonbus.ca/
OLP Embodies the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations!
- This year at OLP we are working on demonstrating the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations (OCSGE). In addition to our monthly Attitude of Gratitude awards, we will focus on a new OCGSE every few months, and in each classroom educators will present an award to the student who best exemplifies the expectation.
- For more information about the OCGSE, please see the Institute for Catholic Education website here: http://iceont.ca/resources/ontario-catholic-school-graduate-expectations
Focus for May: A Self-Directed, Responsible, Lifelong Learner (I am a learner for life!)
Summer Camp Opportunities
- Please see the fliers below for local summer camp opportunities for your children:
- HT ART CAMP 2019
- Girls Inc of Halton Summer Camp Flier
- The Town of Oakville is resurfacing and upgrading the tennis and basketball courts in the park on the east side of the school. They estimate that the project will take six weeks. During that time they will be using part of our parking lot for their vehicles and equipment, so we encourage everyone to take extra care during pick up and drop off. As well, we are reminding our students who sign out for lunch to stay away from the construction areas. Please remember that students are NOT supervised by school staff when they are off school property, and this includes in the park next to the school parking lot. If your children have your permission to leave school property during the lunch hour, we encourage you to speak to them about this situation as well. Thank you for your support and cooperation.
Subscribe to Our Online Calendar
- Want to see what’s coming up? Subscribe to our online calendar here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/calendar/