Prayer Leaders: Mrs. Marsh and Mrs. Higgins’ Kindergarten Students
Copies of 25th Anniversary Montage Available for Purchase
- If you are interested in buying a copy of the 25th anniversary photo montage, the attached flier has ordering information for you.
- Our Lady of Peace Celebrating 25 years of Catholic Education 2019 v02
Pizza Make Up Dates
- Students who regularly receive pizza on Wednesday will receive pizza on Monday AND Wednesday for the weeks of May 27 and June 3 to make up for the weeks they missed when school was canceled due to the weather earlier this year.
Track & Field
- We wish our students participating in track and field events this week all the best as they compete!
- Over the next few weeks we will be holding our fire and lockdown drills to practice our emergency procedures for this school term.
Grade 7 Camp Trip
- We wish our Grade 7s well as they head off on their camp trip this week!
Library Book Exchange Ends June 6
- Due to some planned work in our library and some changes to our board’s catalogue system, students need to return all library books by Thursday, June 6. They will not be able to take out books again until September.
PA Day – No school Friday!
- Students will not attend school on Friday, June 7. We look forward to seeing them back at OLP on Monday, June 10!
Volunteer Celebration – RSVP by June 6
- We are blessed to have so many wonderful volunteers here at OLP and we would like to celebrate them on Friday, June 21 at 2 pm. Invitations should be going home this week, and we would ask you to please RSVP by Thursday, June 6 if you will be able to attend the celebration. If we missed you by mistake, you are still welcome to attend! A copy of the invitation is available here:
- Volunteer Appreciation invitation 2019
OLP Embodies the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations!
- This year at OLP we are working on demonstrating the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations (OCSGE). In addition to our monthly Attitude of Gratitude awards, we will focus on a new OCGSE every few months, and in each classroom educators will present an award to the student who best exemplifies the expectation.
- For more information about the OCGSE, please see the Institute for Catholic Education website here: http://iceont.ca/resources/ontario-catholic-school-graduate-expectations
Focus for June: A Caring Family Member (I care!)
Dressing Appropriately for the Weather and for School
- It is hard to believe, but we might actually have some sunny weather to enjoy! Please remember that we will be outside for recesses and lunch hours as much as possible, so help your child enjoy the play time by ensuring they have hats and sunglasses and are wearing sunscreen as the weather requires.
Subscribe to Our Online Calendar
- Want to see what’s coming up? Subscribe to our online calendar here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/calendar/
Jun 3 @ 11:50 am – 12:50 pm
Jun 10 @ 8:30 am – 2:00 pm