Prayer Leaders: Ms. Zador’s Gr 2 Students
OLP Celebrates 25 Years of Catholic Education During Catholic Education Week!
- This year’s Catholic Education Week Theme is “Living as Joyful Disciples”. We will celebrate with our school community as we have in the past by inviting you to visit our classrooms. (A more detailed schedule will be sent home early the week of April 29.)
- Our celebration this year will be particularly joyful as we will also be marking OLP’s 25th anniversary! Please join us for Mass here at the school at 10 am on Monday, May 6 and for our Open House that same day from 6:30 – 7:30 pm.
- We look forward to seeing you for the anniversary celebration and throughout the week!
- Once again our students in Grades 3 and 6 will be participating in the provincial Assessments of Reading, Writing and Mathematics created by the Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO). This assessment is administered to all Grade 3 and 6 students in Ontario’s publicly funded school system. In six one-hour sessions, students will complete a variety of assessment activities designed to allow them to demonstrate their skills and knowledge relating to reading, writing, and mathematics as described in The Ontario Curriculum. The assessment is administered province-wide and is developed by Ontario teachers and assessment experts to reflect curriculum expectations.
- The dates for these assessments at OLP this year are:
- Grade 3: May 21-May 23
- Grade 6: May 27-May 29
- If you have any questions about the assessment, please contact your child’s teacher.
Class Placement 2019-2020
- If your children will not be returning to OLP in September, please let their teachers and the office know as soon as possible. This information will be helpful to us as we begin to consider our classes for next year. We appreciate your help and support.
- Please see the attached letter for information about the process and goals of class placement for the 2019-2020 school year. (A hard copy has gone home with the youngest/only child in each family.) Please note that the deadline for letting Mrs. Dore-Anderson know in writing about any extenuating circumstances that may affect your child’s class placement is Monday, May 6. Information received after that date will not be considered.
- Class Placement Letter RDA 2019 v 2
- The Town of Oakville is resurfacing and upgrading the tennis and basketball courts in the park on the east side of the school. They estimate that the project will take six weeks. During that time they will be using part of our parking lot for their vehicles and equipment, so we encourage everyone to take extra care during pick up and drop off. As well, we are reminding our students who sign out for lunch to stay away from the construction areas. Please remember that students are NOT supervised by school staff when they are off school property, and this includes in the park next to the school parking lot. If your children have your permission to leave school property during the lunch hour, we encourage you to speak to them about this situation as well. Thank you for your support and cooperation.
Subscribe to Our Online Calendar
- Want to see what’s coming up? Subscribe to our online calendar here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/calendar/