Prayer Leaders: Mr. Amatiello’s Gr 2 Students
Good Friday and Easter Monday – No school for students
- Please note that there will be no school for students on Friday, April 19 and Monday, April 22 as we celebrate Easter. We hope that you and your family have a happy and holy Easter, and we will look forward to welcoming students back to school on Tuesday, April 23.
- If your child will be bringing Easter treats to school next week, please remember to check the labels for traces of nuts and nut products and remind your child not to share treats with others. Again, we appreciate your help in keeping all of our students safe and healthy.
OLP Celebrates Earth Week
- OLP will be celebrating Earth Week from Tuesday, April 23 until Friday, April 26! We will have different events each day:
- Trashless Tuesday – bring lunch and snacks with no throw-away waste!
- Walk to School Wednesday – walk or bike to school!
- Thursday – Blue and Green Day – students may be out of uniform if they are wearing blue and green. We will also have a liturgy at 1 pm.
- Lights Out Friday – we will reduce our energy consumption by keeping the lights out (or low) all day!
- Once again our students in Grades 3 and 6 will be participating in the provincial Assessments of Reading, Writing and Mathematics created by the Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO). This assessment is administered to all Grade 3 and 6 students in Ontario’s publicly funded school system. In six one-hour sessions, students will complete a variety of assessment activities designed to allow them to demonstrate their skills and knowledge relating to reading, writing, and mathematics as described in The Ontario Curriculum. The assessment is administered province-wide and is developed by Ontario teachers and assessment experts to reflect curriculum expectations.
- The dates for these assessments at OLP this year are:
- Grade 3: May 21-May 23
- Grade 6: May 27-May 29
- If you have any questions about the assessment, please contact your child’s teacher.
- If your children will not be returning to OLP in September, please let their teachers and the office know as soon as possible. This information will be helpful to us as we begin to consider our classes for next year. We appreciate your help and support.
- We will be sharing information about class placement considerations after Easter, so please watch for that information on the website, in email, and in hard copy.
Subscribe to Our Online Calendar
- Want to see what’s coming up? Subscribe to our online calendar here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/calendar/