Prayer Leaders: Mrs. Porco’s Gr 5 Students
Thanks for our Pancake Friday & Mardi Gras Celebration!
- Thank you to all of the parent, guardian, student, and staff volunteers who made our early Mardi Gras celebration so successful! We are blessed to be members of such a generous and supportive community, and we appreciate everyone’s hard work.
Ash Wednesday Liturgical Celebration
- To accommodate the work being done in our gym our Ash Wednesday liturgical celebration will look a bit different this year. Father Jerzy will celebrate a short liturgy and distribute ashes to our students by divisional groups in the library on Wednesday afternoon. Given our limited space, we are afraid that we will not be able to invite members of our community to join us for this occasion. We appreciate your support and understanding.
Presentation – We’re In It Together: Raising Strong, Healthy, Resilient Kids!
- On Thursday, Mar. 7 at 6:15 pm, you are invited to join parents and guardians in the Holy Trinity Family of Schools for an evening with keynote speaker Dr. Angela Saunders, local psychologist, who works with children, youth, adults, families and couples to support our children in today’s stressful times. The event will also include community and student-led displays as well as breakout sessions on a variety of topics. For more information and to register, see the link here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/were-in-it-together-raising-healthy-strong-resilient-kids-tickets-53878451900
ISW Closed for March Break
- Our uniform supplier ISW will be closed from Monday, March 11th to Friday, March 15th and will reopen on Saturday, March 16th. Online orders can be placed at any time during this period. For more information, please see the flyer here: ISW Uniforms – Closed for March Break
Catholic School Council Meeting – Mar. 19
- Our next Catholic School Council Meeting will be Tuesday, Mar. 19 at 6:30 pm in the library. Parents are welcome to attend. If there is anything you would like to see on the agenda, please let Mrs. Dore-Anderson know by 4 pm on Wednesday, Mar. 6 so she can share it with the council chairs. Minutes and agendas for council meetings are posted on the school website here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/about-our-school-council/agenda-minutes/
- Our celebration of the Sacrament of Reconciliation here at the school has been rescheduled until Thursday, March 28.
Pizza Days – Adjustment for School Cancellations
- We will be working with our pizza supplier to reschedule two make up pizza days for later in the year to account for the days we have missed due to school cancellations. We will let you know when those will be as soon as we have confirmed them through email, weekly updates, and the school calendar.
Save the Date for a Presentation at OLP: Embracing Failure and Mental Wellness!
- On Wednesday, Mar. 27 at 7 pm, you are invited to join parents and guardians at the school as we hear from author and Huffington Post blogger Siobhan Kukolic! Ms. Kukolic will also be presenting to students in Grades 4-8 that morning. For more information, please see the flyer here: Our Lady of Peace Embracing Failure Poster (002)
HCCEF Community Survey
- The Halton Catholic Children’s Education Foundation (HCCEF) is charitable organization that supports students and families in need across the Halton Catholic District School Board (HCDSB). HCCEF is currently seeking input from all members of the HCDSB community. Please take a few minutes to share your feedback through this brief online survey: http://bit.ly/HCCEF-Survey2019.
- The survey will remain open from Sunday, February 24 to Friday, March 8, 2019.
- For more information about HCCEF, visit their website at: https://www.hccef.org.
Subscribe to Our Online Calendar
- Want to see what’s coming up? Subscribe to our online calendar here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/calendar/
This event was originally scheduled for Tuesday, February 12 but was rescheduled due to weather.
An evening for parents and guardians in the Holy Trinity Family of Schools with keynote speaker Dr. Angela Saunders, local psychologist, who works with children, youth, adults, families and couples. Please join us as we learn how best to support our students in today’s stressful times.
6:15 p.m. – Community and student-led displays showcasing resources for raising a resilient child in our community of North Oakville
7:00 p.m. – Keynote Speaker Dr. Angela Saunders along with question and answer period
8:30 p.m. – Breakout sessions: participants can choose one of the following presentations:
- A) Vaping information for parents: Halton Region Public Health Nurses, Cynthia Lindsay and Andrea Scott, will share up-to-date, research-based information about vaping: including what it is, health concerns and legislation
- B) Cannabis
- C) Raising a resilient child: HCDSB Child and Youth Counsellors, Rosanna Bird and Lucy Lopes, will share the Search Institute’s top 40 “Developmental Assets” that research has shown help children and youth thrive even in the face of difficult circumstances. Learn how to increase your children’s and other children in your community’s developmental assets.
- D) Coping with stresses of immigration: HCDSB Settlement workers, Luz Elena and Jalil, will talk about the various stressors with moving to a new country and how to support your family.