Prayer Leaders: Mr. Durka’s Gr 3&4 Students
- During this time of Lent, Our Lady of Peace is continuing our tradition of supporting others and bringing awareness to worthy causes in our community and worldwide.
- Wear blue on Tuesday and bring in $2 to support Autism Awareness! All donations will go to Autism Ontario – Halton.
Presentation at OLP: Embracing Failure and Mental Wellness!
- Thank you to everyone who came out to hear our guest speaker, Siobhan Kukolic, last Wednesday, and to our Catholic School Council for arranging the presentation.
OLP Embodies the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations!
- This year at OLP we are working on demonstrating the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations (OCSGE). In addition to our monthly Attitude of Gratitude awards, we will focus on a new OCGSE every few months, and in each classroom educators will present an award to the student who best exemplifies the expectation.
- For more information about the OCGSE, please see the Institute for Catholic Education website here: http://iceont.ca/resources/ontario-catholic-school-graduate-expectations
Focus for April: A Collaborative Contributor (I am a team player!)
Save the Date – New to Kindergarten Open House
- If you have a child who will be starting Kindergarten in September 2019, please come to our Open House on Wednesday, April 10 at 6 pm. You will get to meet our Kindergarten educators, learn about the program, ask any questions, and see the classrooms.
Keeping Students Healthy
- Thank you for your continued support of our students with anaphylaxis. Keeping lunches and snacks peanut and nut free help make sure that everyone is healthy and safe.
- As well, thank you for keeping your children home when they are too sick to be at school. While regular attendance is important, keeping sick children at home helps them to heal quickly and prevents the spread of illness throughout the classroom and school.
- We hope that you will consider purchasing labels from Mabel’s Labels to help keep your child’s items out of the lost and found! A portion of the sales will come back to the school and be used to support special activities and programs.
- Please see their website at https://mabelslabels.ca/en_CA/fundraising/support/ and be sure to search for Our Lady of Peace Catholic Elementary School (Oakville). For one week you can save 40% on their starter label packs.
Subscribe to Our Online Calendar
- Want to see what’s coming up? Subscribe to our online calendar here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/calendar/
Apr 2 all day
Apr 2 @ 11:50 am – 12:50 pm