Prayer Leaders: Mrs. DeFazio’s Gr 7 Students
Save the Tax Sale!
- ISW Uniforms will be running its ‘Save the Tax’ event in-store and online from Saturday, February 2 to Saturday, February 16 2019! For more information please see the flyer here: ISW Uniforms Feb 2019 OAK
Catholic School Council Meeting – Feb. 4
- Our next Catholic School Council Meeting will be Monday, Feb. 4 at 6:30 pm in the library. Parents are welcome to attend. Minutes and agendas for council meetings are posted on the school website here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/about-our-school-council/agenda-minutes/
Winter Walk to School Day
- We have spent many days indoors due to the cold weather, so on Wednesday we are celebrating getting outside with Winter Walk to School Day! Walking to school in winter has many potential benefits, including benefits for children’s health and well-being, our community, and the environment. Walk with your child to school on Wednesday and experience those benefits for yourself! You can share photos on Twitter by tagging the school @OLPHCDSB and using the hashtags #Walk2School #WWD2019
- Our Ecoteam has some tips for you about how to stay warm while being active in winter:
- Keep hands and head covered to prevent heat loss.
- On really cold days wear a scarf over your face and mouth. Make sure that you can still see and the ends of the scarf are tucked safely inside your coat.
- Wear warm, waterproof boots.
- Wear a warm coat that deflects the wind.
- Woolen clothing helps to retain heat.
- Wear clothing or carry knapsacks with reflective material to help you be seen.
- If possible, change wet clothes at school. Have extra socks and mitts in your locker.
Grade 8 Ottawa Trip
- We wish the Grade 8s a safe and fun trip to Ottawa from Wednesday until Friday this week. We will share updates with parents and guardians through our Twitter account and through the school email account.
Voluntary Hearing & Vision Screening K-8
- On Friday the School Screening Association will be at OLP to conduct vision and hearing screenings. If you are interested in having your child participate, please return the form and payment to the school as soon as possible. Extra forms are available at the office.
Book Fair Coming to OLP
- The Scholastic Book Fair is coming to the OLP Library! On Monday, February 11, students will visit the library with their classes to preview the items available for purchase. Students may make purchases during the school day from Tuesday, February 12 until Thursday, February 14. The library will also be open during lunch and at the end of the school day if parents and guardians would like to make purchases. We will have extended evening hours until 7 pm on Wednesday, February 13 as well.
OLP Embodies the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations!
- This year at OLP we are working on demonstrating the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations (OCSGE). In addition to our monthly Attitude of Gratitude awards, we will focus on a new OCGSE every few months, and in each classroom educators will present an award to the student who best exemplifies the expectation.
- For more information about the OCGSE, please see the Institute for Catholic Education website here: http://iceont.ca/resources/ontario-catholic-school-graduate-expectations
Focus for February/March: A Reflective, Creative, and Holistic Thinker (I have ideas)
Save the Date for We’re In It Together: Raising Strong, Healthy, Resilient Kids!
- On Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 6:15 pm, you are invited to join parents and guardians in the Holy Trinity Family of Schools for an evening with keynote speaker Dr. Angela Saunders, local psychologist, who works with children, youth, adults, families and couples to support our children in today’s stressful times. The event will also include community and student-led displays as well as breakout sessions on a variety of topics. For more information and to register, see the link here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/were-in-it-together-raising-healthy-strong-resilient-kids-tickets-53878451900
St. Michael’s Parish Updates
- Adoration with children will take place Friday, February 8th, from 7 to 8 pm. If your child is 4 years old or older, please bring and accompany your son or daughter to share with other children one hour of catechesis, prayer, song, Eucharistic Adoration and Benediction.
- The 2018-19 Challenge Catholic Youth Club is inviting girls from Grades 5-8 to grow in Faith, Virtue and friendship with Christ and make a difference and positive impact on their families and friends in the world around them, while having lost of fun and participating in many sport activities. For more information call Challenge (girls) by phone: 289-259-1575 (Enid Volkel).
Subscribe to Our Online Calendar
- Want to see what’s coming up? Subscribe to our online calendar here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/calendar/