Prayer Leaders: Mrs. Smith’s Gr 6&7 Students
PA Day & Family Day – No school Friday & Monday
- There was no school for students on Friday, February 15 as staff participated in professional learning about equity and diversity, and there will be no school on Monday, February 18 for the Family Day holiday. We hope that you are able to enjoy the holiday with family and friends, and we will see students back at school on Tuesday, February 19.
- Thank you to everyone who supported the school book fair last week. A portion of the sales will go to resources for our school library.
Term 1 Report Cards Home on Wednesday
- All students from Kindergarten to Grade 8 will be bringing home their reports on Wednesday. These reports are an excellent opportunity for you to celebrate your child’s successes and ask them about their goals for the rest of the year. While there are no formal interviews this term, please don’t hesitate to contact your child’s teacher if you wish to discuss their learning. As well, please sign and return the last portion of the report card to your child’s teacher as soon as possible.
OLP Celebrates National Sweater Day
- On Friday our EcoClub will be helping us to celebrate National Sweater Day! We will be turning down the heat and wearing our wackiest, tackiest sweaters to school to take action on climate change. The EcoClub will be leading us in fun activities all week to help raise awareness of what we can do to protect our environment. For more information, please see the flyer here: National Sweater Day
- On Friday afternoon our public speaking finalists from each grade will be presenting their speeches to the school at 1 pm. We wish all participants good luck!
Save the Tax Sale!
- ISW Uniforms will be running its ‘Save the Tax’ event in-store and online from Saturday, February 2 to Saturday, February 16 2019! For more information please see the flyer here: ISW Uniforms Feb 2019 OAK
Presentation Rescheduled: We’re In It Together: Raising Strong, Healthy, Resilient Kids!
- On Thursday, Mar. 7 at 6:15 pm, you are invited to join parents and guardians in the Holy Trinity Family of Schools at Holy Trinity for an evening with keynote speaker Dr. Angela Saunders, local psychologist, who works with children, youth, adults, families and couples to support our children in today’s stressful times. The event will also include community and student-led displays as well as breakout sessions on a variety of topics. For more information and to register, see the link here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/were-in-it-together-raising-healthy-strong-resilient-kids-tickets-53878451900
St. Michael’s Parish Updates
- The 2018-19 Challenge Catholic Youth Club is inviting girls from Grades 5-8 to grow in Faith, Virtue and friendship with Christ and make a difference and positive impact on their families and friends in the world around them, while having lost of fun and participating in many sport activities. For more information call Challenge (girls) by phone: 289-259-1575 (Enid Volkel).
Subscribe to Our Online Calendar
- Want to see what’s coming up? Subscribe to our online calendar here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/calendar/
Mar 1 @ 8:45 am – 11:45 am