Prayer Leaders: Mr. Miljan’s Gr 8 Students
Save the Tax Sale!
- ISW Uniforms will be running its ‘Save the Tax’ event in-store and online from Saturday, February 2 to Saturday, February 16 2019! For more information please see the flyer here: ISW Uniforms Feb 2019 OAK
Book Fair Coming to OLP
- The Scholastic Book Fair is coming to the OLP Library! On Monday, February 11, students will visit the library with their classes to preview the items available for purchase. Students may make purchases during the school day from Tuesday, February 12 until Thursday, February 14. The library will also be open during lunch and at the end of the school day if parents and guardians would like to make purchases. We will have extended evening hours until 7 pm on Wednesday, February 13 as well.
- We need some volunteers to make our extended evening hours possible. If you are able to volunteer from 3:00 until 7 (or even for part of the evening), please contact the office.
Presentation: We’re In It Together: Raising Strong, Healthy, Resilient Kids!
- On Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 6:15 pm, you are invited to join parents and guardians in the Holy Trinity Family of Schools at Holy Trinity for an evening with keynote speaker Dr. Angela Saunders, local psychologist, who works with children, youth, adults, families and couples to support our children in today’s stressful times. The event will also include community and student-led displays as well as breakout sessions on a variety of topics. For more information and to register, see the link here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/were-in-it-together-raising-healthy-strong-resilient-kids-tickets-53878451900
Winter Walk to School Day
- We have spent many days indoors due to the cold weather – and we missed the original Winter Walk to School Day this Wednesday! – so on Wednesday we are going to try again to celebrate getting outside with Winter Walk to School Day! Walking to school in winter has many potential benefits, including benefits for children’s health and well-being, our community, and the environment. Walk with your child to school on Wednesday and experience those benefits for yourself! You can share photos on Twitter by tagging the school @OLPHCDSB and using the hashtags #Walk2School #WWD2019
- Our Ecoteam has some tips for you about how to stay warm while being active in winter:
- Keep hands and head covered to prevent heat loss.
- On really cold days wear a scarf over your face and mouth. Make sure that you can still see and the ends of the scarf are tucked safely inside your coat.
- Wear warm, waterproof boots.
- Wear a warm coat that deflects the wind.
- Woolen clothing helps to retain heat.
- Wear clothing or carry knapsacks with reflective material to help you be seen.
- If possible, change wet clothes at school. Have extra socks and mitts in your locker.
Gr 2 First Communion Meeting
- Parents and guardians of our Grade 2 students are invited to St. Michael’s Church at 7 pm on Wednesday, February 13 for a First Communion meeting.
Valentine’s Day – Treat Reminders
- If you would like to provide cards or treats for your child to share on Valentine’s Day on Thursday we ask that you please ensure that there is one for everyone in the class and that it is not a food item. Food items will not be distributed. We appreciate your help in allowing everyone to enjoy Valentine’s Day and stay safe.
- As well, all students may wear red, pink or white to school on Thursday to celebrate the day.
PA Day & Family Day – No school Friday & Monday
- There will be no school for students on Friday, February 15 as staff will be participating in professional learning about equity and diversity, and no school on Monday, February 18 for the Family Day holiday. We hope that you are able to enjoy the holiday with family and friends, and we will see students back at school on Tuesday, February 19.
St. Michael’s Parish Updates
- Adoration with children takes place tonight, on Friday, February 8th, from 7 to 8 pm. If your child is 4 years old or older, please bring and accompany your son or daughter to share with other children one hour of catechesis, prayer, song, Eucharistic Adoration and Benediction.
- The 2018-19 Challenge Catholic Youth Club is inviting girls from Grades 5-8 to grow in Faith, Virtue and friendship with Christ and make a difference and positive impact on their families and friends in the world around them, while having lost of fun and participating in many sport activities. For more information call Challenge (girls) by phone: 289-259-1575 (Enid Volkel).
Subscribe to Our Online Calendar
- Want to see what’s coming up? Subscribe to our online calendar here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/calendar/
Students can celebrate by wearing red, white, and pink to school today!
If you would like to provide cards or treats for your child to share on Valentine’s Day we ask that you please ensure that there is one for everyone in the class and that it is not a food item. Food items will not be distributed. We appreciate your help in allowing everyone to enjoy Valentine’s Day and stay safe