While students attending Our Lady of Fatima have no school uniform, you are expected to follow these guidelines:
- Clothing with inappropriate logos, sayings, or pictures, is not acceptable at school, especially when the subject matter refers to drug use, is suggestive or overtly sexual, or is violent.
- Shirts and dresses must have material to the end of the shoulders. Tops must also be long enough to reach the top of pants/skirt. Bare midriffs, low necklines, halter tops, visible bra straps, tops with ‘spaghetti’ straps, muscle shirts, cut-off shirts, are not acceptable.
- Pants are to be worn at the waist. Undergarments should not be visible. Torn or ragged jeans, cut-off shorts, are not acceptable. Shorts and skirts must be of modest cut and proportions.
- Footwear should be sensible and safe for both the classroom and the playground.
- Caps are not to be worn in the school building.
The school dress code is currently under review and any changes will be communicated to the school community once they have been made. Please see https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyoffatima/2018/02/school-uniform-dress-code-voting-process/ for more information on the voting process.School Uniform/Dress Code