Weekly Update: June 24-28
Hello OLF Families,
Hard to believe but this will be the final Weekly Update of this school year. On behalf of the staff of OLF, we wish all our families a wonderful summer. Please see below some of the updates for this week.
If you plan on keeping your child(ren) home from school any day between now and the end of the school year, please ensure that you report the absence on School Messenger. Thank you in advance for your support in this.
Also, if you would like to pick your child(ren) up during the week, we are asking parents to please write a note to your child’s teacher so that they are aware of the dismissal given it will be a very busy week. The note to the teacher would help the office tremendously as we wouldn’t have to try to look for your child unexpectedly.
A special Farewell
We would like to thank all the wonderful staff at Our Lady of Fatima for all they do to support learning and wellbeing in our building on a daily basis. As the year comes to an end we need to say some special goodbyes to staff leaving. We will be sad to see them go but we will always remember the wonderful things they did to support the students and the families of Our Lady of Fatima. Leaving us are:
Mrs. Cannell, Ms. Kapturkiewicz, Mrs. Davidson, Miss Monardo, Miss Nebiolo, Mrs. Biasetti, Ms. Famiglietti, Ms. Lombos, Ms. Evangelista, Mr. Caruso, Mme Arce, Ms. Riddell, Mrs. Ungolo-Ettorre, Ms. Hattie Cormier, Miss Maychak, Mr. Mayo, Mr. Toye, Miss Pelizzari.
We wish you all the best in your school year next year!
Lost and Found Items
Please take the time to look for any items that may belong to your child(ren) in our lost and found bin. Any items left at the end of the last day of school will be donated. Thank you for your co-operation!
1. All final report cards in the HCDSB will be sent home with your child(ren) on Tuesday, June 25th. If your child(ren) is away that day, we will mail the report card to you, unfortunately we cannot hand out any report cards prior to June 25th. Please be sure to read these over with your child(ren) and use them as a basis for goal setting for next year. Please complete the parent/student comment on page 3 and return this form to the school by Thursday, June 27th. This page must be filed into the students’ Ontario Student Record.
2. LAST DAY OF SCHOOL: FRIDAY, JUNE 28, 2019 – EARLY DISMISSAL AT 1:20 p.m. Please be on time to pick up your child(ren).
3. GRADES 1-8: First Day back to school is Tuesday, September 3, 2019 @ 8:20 A.M. The OLF office will open the week of August 26th
4. SENIOR KINDERGARTEN: SK students will begin on Thursday, September 5th.
5. JUNIOR KINDERGARTEN: JK teachers will schedule parent/student/teacher interviews beginning September 3-4, 2019 and staggered entry on September 5-6. Full entry by Monday, September 9. Parents will receive a letter in the mail the first week of July explaining these details.
Elementary Class Placements
Please be advised that effective Friday, August 30, after 9:00 a.m., you will be able to access information about your child’s class placement. This information will be available on the Board’s website at: www.hcdsb.org. Please click on “Elementary Class Placements” from the homepage, which will direct you to the school listing page. Once you have arrived on this page, please click on the name of your child’s school, and follow the link in the top right hand corner to “Class Placements”.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to access this information, you will require your child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN), which can be found on his/her report card.
Our final Pizza Day will be Wednesday June 26th this replaces the February 6th Snow Day Cancellation Day
Reminder that June 24th and 25th are the make up days for lunches from the Snow Days.
We continue to form classes for next year. If you are moving out of our boundary, it is important that you inform the office immediately and register at the school that your child(ren) will be attending.
If you are sending sunscreen to school with your child, please send the lotion rather than the spray. The spray is dangerous as it can be accidently sprayed in someone’s eyes and it causes the floor to become slippery because of the oily residue from the aerosol. Thank you for your understanding.
If your child has medication at the school, it will be returned to students on the last day of school. However, if your child will be absent on the last day, please ensure that you pick up their medication from the office before the end of the year.
Have a wonderful week and a truly blessed summer!!!